Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of post on these bars, but not many. I am really interested in these but would value any and all opinions on them. Would be great to see some side shots of these installed on a newer RG.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks. These all look like the signature/Malo bars. I am looking for shots of the Rivera bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I have seen a couple of post on these bars, but not many. I am really interested in these but would value any and all opinions on them. Would be great to see some side shots of these installed on a newer RG.
My opinion would be the quality is awesome. And if the fit and finish are on par with the signature bars. It's an easy decision to make. Just have to know that's the style you want. I have not seen many pics of them either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion would be the quality is awesome. And if the fit and finish are on par with the signature bars. It's an easy decision to make. Just have to know that's the style you want. I have not seen many pics of them either.

I agree on fit and finish. Had the signature bars on last bike. Looking for something different. Really like the 1 1/2” tubing.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have a set of 14" Riveras staring at me in the face everyday just waiting to replace my 12" Signatures. I will post up some pics if I can get them installed sooner than later but with the way Illinois weather has been treating me time is something I have not had a lot of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of 14" Riveras staring at me in the face everyday just waiting to replace my 12" Signatures. I will post up some pics if I can get them installed sooner than later but with the way Illinois weather has been treating me time is something I have not had a lot of.

Same issue here in PA - weather. What does the pull back look like VS the signature?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

Same issue here in PA - weather. What does the pull back look like VS the signature?

I have no good answer for you on this other than the Riveras are 2" taller, so they should have a little bit more pullback. I want to get the Signatures off and do some comparisons before I throw on the Riveras.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Hurry up will ya! Can't wait to see em!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a set of 12" Rivera bars loaded up and ready to go in my cart. Just wanted to bounce a few ideas off you all and see what you thought? I was going to either start off on bars or lowers- however, lowers are currently backordered for about a month and I am not one to enjoy waiting- by the time I get around to putting them on, I'd probably be taking them back off for the summer. I also have the HD heavy breather on my bike and I just dont think I like that look with lowers. I would lean more towards a trask intake or something similar vs. the heavy so that costs a considerable amount more when I am looking at lowers plus air intake.

Anyway, now that I've justified the bar purchase in my head, I am having some hesitations on going with a 14" bar. The few photos I provided look like those bars sit above the fairing and look like a bit of a reach. I'm 5'9 with a 29" inseam and I dont have the longest arms in the world- for those of you that have gone down this path before, do you think 12" bars would fit me better or still recommend going with 14" bars and just pulling them back a little more?

Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts/opinions!

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I feel like I've been moving in slo-mo this entire winter, I'm hoping to get started soon but I have already said that once or twice already!
I hear you, got my bars back from powder coater 3 weeks ago and I have been saying the same thing. Been cleaning the garage making room to do some work, garage is a disaster.

Almost ready, adding Kahuna grips when I actually get there.

Soon......

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've got a set of 12" Rivera bars loaded up and ready to go in my cart. Just wanted to bounce a few ideas off you all and see what you thought? I was going to either start off on bars or lowers- however, lowers are currently backordered for about a month and I am not one to enjoy waiting- by the time I get around to putting them on, I'd probably be taking them back off for the summer. I also have the HD heavy breather on my bike and I just dont think I like that look with lowers. I would lean more towards a trask intake or something similar vs. the heavy so that costs a considerable amount more when I am looking at lowers plus air intake.

Anyway, now that I've justified the bar purchase in my head, I am having some hesitations on going with a 14" bar. The few photos I provided look like those bars sit above the fairing and look like a bit of a reach. I'm 5'9 with a 29" inseam and I dont have the longest arms in the world- for those of you that have gone down this path before, do you think 12" bars would fit me better or still recommend going with 14" bars and just pulling them back a little more?

Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts/opinions!
I'm not a pro at this and ultimately the end choice is on you, but I would say go with 12's. No matter which one you go with you can always change up your seating position with a different seat or having your current one redone to get where you need to be. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I feel like I've been moving in slo-mo this entire winter, I'm hoping to get started soon but I have already said that once or twice already!
I hear you, got my bars back from powder coater 3 weeks ago and I have been saying the same thing. Been cleaning the garage making room to do some work, garage is a disaster.

Almost ready, adding Kahuna grips when I actually get there.

Soon......
I've been eyeballing that Kahuna collection. I dig the looks. I've been thinking of getting heated grips when I do the bars and the Kahunas would be the ones. You doing heated?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Just ordered some 12" Rivera bars, so I'll be looking for those to come in- now let the youtube fun begin on install videos so I can prepare myself!!
Just take it slow if you have not done this before. Make sure to protect your paint from falling objects and ask questions if you need help. It's not just you installing your bars, in the long run we are all installing your bars with you. It just feels like you are doing all the work!:wink: Also get a manual if you do not have one especially if you want to tinker more and more with your scooter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts