Road Glide banner

Factory 47 Signature 12s or 14s

59K views 63 replies 41 participants last post by  VADR 
#1 ·
I'm debating between installing 12" or 14" Factory 47 Signature bars on my 2018 RGS. Does anybody have side view pics of these with the bars in line with the forks and factory windshield? I'm leaning towards 14s but don't like the look of handlebars above the windshield.

#3 · (Edited)
14's just do it. Im 5'6" and they are perfect for me. 14141414141414141414141414141414141414141414....

OH and join dat june 2016 and this is your first post?!?! Introduce yourself put a pic of your bike and where your from. Let the guys know who you are and welcome to RG.org....

Reactions: cruznmarine
#4 ·
I'm not a fan of the look of the 14s over the fairing either. I went with the 12s. And am glad I did. I don't have the stock shield though. I have the 14" KW Sportflare. With the 12s and the cvo solo that's at least 1.5 to 2" down and back I'm pretty much in the same position as the 14s without the look. When I have my hammock seat on for the long haul it sits me back up but I'm ok with that arm position too. If the look of the 14s bothers you and your like me. Go with your gut.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Thanks for the photos of your set up. I want to install chrome 12” F47 on my ‘17 RGS over the winter but hadn’t seen any set up with Chrome. Question- in the pin striping on your tpride OEM or custom?

#11 ·
Save your money and go for KST Renegades, same style and half the price :)

I have them on my 2018 RGS and luv them, my local HD dealer stocks them so that must say something about quality

https://www.kstkustoms.com/products/renegade-1

#12 · (Edited)
I have the 14's and love em. (But I don't have the factory shield.) Just added the engine guards this weekend too! I was told when I was looking at bars by several people to go taller than what you thought you needed. So I went with the 14's. Glad I did!

Attachments

#16 ·
I put 12 inch Signature bars on my brother's orange 2017 RGS. They are nice but I personally don't like the riding position with higher bars and even they were a bit too high. I have been considering the 10 inch signature bars like yours. Do you have any other photos? I want to add them to my blue 2017 RGS. It has a 9" Nation Cycle V stream windshield and I think the 10 inch bars will look perfect with it. I love it because it doesn't look much taller than the stock shield, but works much better. I tried to attach photos of both bikes, but not sure if they are going to work. I've also hesitated on installing the bars because I want to swap over my heated hand grips. I have the basic HD black rubber heated grips with all internal wiring. I searched google and all the forums to see if anyone had done it, but surprisingly enough I couldn't find a single photo or thread confirming they will work. I did find one where someone installed grips wit external wires and had to cut the housing so they would work. After Oakland HD said they "think" they will work, I spoke wit the techs at factory 47. I was assured they would, so after I order and install them I will add a post with photos.

Attachments

#21 ·
I started with 12s and then went with 14s . I can say the change is pretty minimal honestly. only real difference is when looking at bike from frt you can see a bit more bar sticking up with the 14 . Also the 14s flex considerably more than the 12s. If I were to do it over again I would've just left the 12s on it.

#29 ·
The never ending The 12"/14"- dilemma. I’ve been browsing through lots of posts regarding handle bar / ape hanger height. You guys all seem to be giants. Barely no sub-6ers.

I fell in love with Factory47’s signature bar. And am running into two problems.

- the bar is not available in Europe - however I’ll find a solution.
(the bar is not road-legal in Europe, which might be the reason).

- 12“ or 14“?
They say „if in doubt, go for the taller bar“.
I am 5’10“. Seat is stock.
Most important: I will definitely want ergonomics over style. My hands should in no case be higher than my shoulders.
Will 14“ mean water running down my sleeves while riding in the rain, since hands and grips are not protected by the fairing?

I really enjoyed browsing pictures of your beautiful bikes. Unfortunately only a few come with the rider (seating position) and details about the rider's height.

#30 ·
I'm 5'11 - and have sat on RGS at my local dealer that had both 12" and 14" F47 installed. I also rode a RGS with 14" F47. Both bars were fine for me with the obviously sitting a little taller. The 12's give me a little bit more towards 90 degrees from the shoulder while the 14s were a bit higher. I did not find the 14s uncomfortable in any way. I only like the look of the 12s better than the 14s. The taller bars had my hands in the wind more and my preference is to be a bit lower...
My $.02 is that you try to sit on a RG that has 12 or 14 F47 installed. If you can't I'd go with the 12s based on your criteria of hands not being higher than shoulder.

Reactions: ze Hans
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.