Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have their HK radio change input on them without hitting the button on the bars? Every once in a while, the stereo will just change input. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My does it going down the road. Annoying is putting it lightly. Any reason why this happens or a fix??? I pulled handle bar perches off thinking pinched wire, but nothing apparent f'd up on my part...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way to fix that?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mode switch problem

You are likely to have to replace the switch, we've seen a number of them fail already, either from vibration or the stress of replacing the switch caps with chrome ones, which can pull the switch apart from the inside! Sorry to say...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have same issue. Listening to CD player and shut off the ignition switch. Switch it back on and it goes to radio. Not a big issue but can be annoying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sidecar, If the problem persists or become worse, how much of the handle bar control do i have to replace? Can i just replace the radio switch or must I replace the entire controller unit including the blinker, starter, ect???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Switching issue!

Just noticed this while researching something else. Definitely something you should try before replacing switch!!! If your bike were newer it wouldn't apply, but I see yours is an '08?

This is the paragraph of "note".

"Almost immediately after the Moco came off strike in 07, a new version called V8.19 came out. V8.19 was said to fix a source switching problem, make the radio work with external MP3 players better via the aux in port, and was another attempt to stop the clock from gaining time. V8.19 is the most current software at the time this document was written.

You can do this yourself (link below), or take your bike in for service and they should perform the update under normal service bulletin reference. SHOULD BE NO CHARGE!!!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Genuine_Motor_Accessories/advanced-audio-system.html

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
I have same issue. Listening to CD player and shut off the ignition switch. Switch it back on and it goes to radio. Not a big issue but can be annoying.
Plus one here. Mine does the same more than not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is interesting... my clock also gains time. I thought i was just heading back to the future. I will try the software download. it looks straight forward. Do you mind sharing where you found that article?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts