Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am suffering from too much research for the speaker replacement on my bike. :confused: The speakers that are in my fairing are blown out and one of the tweaters has now worked its way loose and is bouncing around inside the mount. Needless to say its time to replace these old things. Im happy with the life I've got from them considering I just rolled over 118,000 miles on my 07 RG

Would any of you be willing to share your experience with a factory replacement? I have no desire to use amps as the sound the factory speakers created was good enough for me. I don't want to break the piggie bank but wouldn't mind upgrading a little bit. I just don't want to spend good money on junk.

Thanks a head of time for the suggestions.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks for the welcome! I'll check those out! My screen name is actually my home shop name as I can never seem to afford anything nice and have to polish it up once I get it.... :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
One of the guys here has a set of J&M for sale for a good price that's what I put in and they sound great. Check the classified adds, he had an amp but I think that sold.

Jay

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My wife has the HD Boom speakers (no amp) in her SG. It sounds good at hwy speed. I have the J&M 7.25 w/o an amp and mine sounds good too. We both got a big improvement in sound after installing aftermarket stereos. Congrats on the mileage on the 2007. I have no idea how you did it with the stock speakers lol. If an amp isn't in the budget just yet. You will still be ahead of the game with an upgraded speaker.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I listen to the engine mostly! Not much of a radio fan but the darned tweater is jumpin around now and its driving me nuts. I rode my FXR for 110k miles with no windshield... I think the majority of the miles on my RG i was just enjoying the fairing in front! Hah!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I just ordered a set of Infinity kappa 62.11i. I am running an amp. I didn't want to spend 3 bills on speakers and these have had good reviews on the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Replacement Speakers

I am picking up my bike today. Put in a RF & infinity Kappa, I have a set of Hawg Wired DX 5.25 replacements coming out because you need something really loud on the highway to hear over he stage 4 with a Thunderheader.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts