Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a really hard time deciding between the 12" and 14" Factory47 bars. If you have the F47 12" or 14" bars would you be so kind as to post a couple pics with their height and your height? Any pics with you in them would be most helpful so I can see where they fall in comparison to you.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's my '16 with the 12" bars. I am 5' 10", my hands are 3 - 4" below shoulder level (I try to sit upright, easier on my back), I've sat on a couple of bikes with 14's and they feel good, but the 12's are perfect for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here's my '16 with the 12" bars. I am 5' 10", my hands are 3 - 4" below shoulder level (I try to sit upright, easier on my back), I've sat on a couple of bikes with 14's and they feel good, but the 12's are perfect for me.
16" - 6'3 wrists are even with shoulder on a long boy seat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
All depends on how tall you are and how far back you sit. I am 6ft with 33 inseam and love my 14's. If you are on fence , go bigger in my opinion. Heard plenty of folks say they wish they went bigger but not many, if at all, say, I wish I had smaller apes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed Factory 47's, 14's last week. I'm 6 ft with an inseam of 32 inch. My hands are about 1 to 2 inches below my shoulders. They would be less or even, except I have a 14 inch Klockworks Sport Flare Windshield and the hydraulic lines hit when I roll them forward. Also when I changed the bars, I did not need any extensions, for the electrical or hydraulics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Get the 14's bro, you won't regret it - unless you're under 5'-9", and even then, you might still love them.

I'm 5'10", 32" inseam, have the bars rolled back to nearly parallel with the forks. Puts my hands about 2" below my shoulder when I slouch. The biggest upside about going with the 14's is that you can roll them back to set them lower in comparison to your shoulders, but you also gain pullback. Makes doing u-turns easier.

That's me in front in the pic (4th of July parade in Delano, MN)

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts

Pics with the 14s

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm a little on the short side at 5-8 on a good day. I have 12 inch Odyssey bars, F47 doesn't make these bars any more. My hands are about right even with my shoulders. Theses bars are very comfy along with my Corbin solo seat I'm right in perfect riding position. I also have the bars pushed a little forward, I was surprised when I put the bars on how much more control I have on slow speed maneuvers. Ride safe.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Ive got 14's , I need to move them forward about 2 inches , Ill probably do that this week if I have the time , Im tall at 6'8" and i like the 14's but my last scoot had 16"s and tht was better, but for now the 14's are fine, just remember that everything plays a part , the seat hieght, windshield , your shoulder /wrist position , the reason I say this is because not every seat is the same , one might put you up 1-2" and vice versa

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just ordered my Factory 47 12" today, and they are already in the mail "WOW" fast.. I chose the 12". "for me" the 14" are just a bit too high but, they do look so nice..

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Just ordered my Factory 47 12" today, and they are already in the mail "WOW" fast.. I chose the 12". "for me" the 14" are just a bit too high but, they do look so nice..
Your going to dig your new bars.
All the stock cables and wiring will work as well.
Congrats
Swomack

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a really hard time deciding between the 12" and 14" Factory47 bars. If you have the F47 12" or 14" bars would you be so kind as to post a couple pics with their height and your height? Any pics with you in them would be most helpful so I can see where they fall in comparison to you.

Thanks in advance!

Kids try to help..::::

These are 12" on an 03. I'm 5'8"

·
Registered
26 Posts
You got really lucky on your order, I waited a month! Take your time installing them, get a case of beer, a Westinghouse chain, electrical tape, a patient friend and have YouTube handy and you'll have no issues installing them! Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts