Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '10 rgc is denim black. The 'soft' covers over the speakers have faded to a light gray color.

Is it advisable to tape things off and spray paint them black? Is there a better way?

Thanks.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I would just try a sharpie if I was gunna try and use them. But why not just get a set of hog wired steel speaker grills? $40 shipped on ebay, not to shabby! But ya sharpie should do the trick

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Or, there are many here that might have their old covers laying @, course you'd have to take the outer faring off, which all have faith you can do

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
There is fabric paint and it can be used to recondition the faded cloth on the soeaker grills. Since the speaker grills are easy to remove I would remove the speaker grills before painting.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have used shoe polish on the last two glides i have owned works great,not the paste type,the liquid type with the sponge applicator.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I have used shoe polish on the last two glides i have owned works great,not the paste type,the liquid type with the sponge applicator.
i did sorta the same thing, only i used black leather dye.....leftover from my old army days for my boots.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also used the leather dye approach applied with a fuzzy dauber. Works perfect and no disassembly needed. The sharpie may leave a purplish tint when dry. Jmho

·
Registered
633 Posts
speaker covers

if you mask around the speakers you could spray them.i spray speaker systems all the time,but i like the sharpie idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts