Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RGU, 11,000 miles, recently had cams, true duals, PCV and tune. Runs GREAT! On 2 occasions after brief stops, it has refused to start. Fob on belt, turn ignition and kill switch repeatedly. Engine lite usually does not come on, but sometimes comes on and off, but without whoosh of ready to start. Eventually started both times. So far only when engine is hot. I have an apt at local stealer for Julu 16. Any ideas as to what this could be?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
It may be that the PCV is not booting and turning the ignition on/off re-boots the PCV. Have you checked for DTC codes?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Could be as simple as replacing battery in the FOB.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If it was a FOB problem the blinkers etc would go nuts when you tried starting it. If that acts normal you can discount the FOB as the problem.
It really sounds like you have no power, do the headlights etc come on?? If not it may just be a bad battery connection of circuit breaker issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just replaced the battery. Keep it on the charger 1/2 the time. No security lights.Eventually fired up the 2 times it's happened so far.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine has done this also. Had cams and the t max installed.
Once after a good rise in elevation and once after i ran it hard through the twisties. Kind of freaks you out and then it fires up.............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts