Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would a fair price be for installing chrome sliders and new handle bars? What did you pay?

At a dealer?

At a Private shop?

Thanks for any feedback

HUTMO

·
Registered
659 Posts
Figure $80 a hour labor

Prob $400 either place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have never done fork sliders but I have done handle bars on my EGC and just recently on my RGU and it was a simple job and if it cost more then $50 I would do it yourself. Seriously if you can change oil you can change the handlebars especially on the TBW.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I had a local Indy do it and it was two hours labor. $140. Local hd shop wanted $450.

Rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
$80 + tax for a jack and do it yourself. It's very simple and takes about 3-6hrs total depending on your skill level and type of bars.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Hey Hutmo, sorry I should have been more specific on what I paid for. I did my bars with a buddy in his garage. I paid $140 for the slider install.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Come on Hut - you can do it! Hell, I'm an old twiddle-thumb and I did it. Just need a manual, some tools (may have to buy some), and about 8 hrs. I've got all the videos and 'how to's' to get-r-done. Then you'll be proud of what you accomplished. We're here to help and support ya.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It's a pretty big job. If nothing goes wrong it should take at least a few hours. You also need to replace your fork oil. The dealer will probably charge $80/hr for a 5-6 hour job. I've done it twice and had minor blips both times. Once the bolt was frozen and it took me over an hour to get it off. Then I had to find a dealer who had one in stock and replace it. It was a very long day!

·
Registered
58 Posts
video

Mr Joke can you send me the video's to do this I am going to try to do this myself tired of the stealershiptaking my money for something i can do

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I paid $480 at a indy. I already had the handlebars on the bike and I did that myself (handlebars are a easy install so you should DIY). For the $480 I had chrome front fork tubes, slider covers, Progressive monotubes and chrome rims installed front and rear. To do the front end the instrument nacelle and the speedo/tach has to be removed along with the front wheel and fender and the front forks, the bottom line is it will take around 3 hours.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They are both easy procedures if you have the correct tools. There are plenty who have installed the fork seals without a fork seal driver and got lucky to not damage the seal. Leaky fork seals SUCK !!! Take the forks off the bike yourself and take to your dealer or Indy and have them install the sliders. I would also put new seals in since you will have it apart. Should only be an hour charge if not less, with forks off of bike. As for the handlebars it REALLY depends on which bars you are installing. Are the bars going to be internally wired, do they have 90 degree bends, are they going from 1.25" diameter to 1.50" diameter. All things to consider when installing yourself. So let us know what kind of bars you plan to install. Im sure someone here has done that brand and model and then can give you a better idea. Bar install at a dealer could also range from 1-2 hrs all the way to 4-6 hrs. depending on bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts