Road Glide banner

Fairing drop? Yaffe or MC Baggers

16K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  Mike U 
#1 ·
Anyone have personal experience? Price difference is negligible. Yaffe requires some cutting of stock block, no clue on MCbaggers as no real instructions exist online that I can find. Both provide for lower fairing support, which is the reason I’m not considering the DD customs option.
Thoughts?

#4 ·
I have used the DD multiple times and have never used an additional fairing support. No need for one on the newer Glides. Dave from DD customs is a mechanical engineer and he told me that there was no need for one, so there is some intelligence behind that decision.

Reactions: Mantruck1963
#7 ·
Yaffe makes a peace that get rid the faring supports with out changing height easy to install. The supports from the engine guards do not hold faring up anyway they support it to prevent flex.
Look here you will see one with out supports.

Reactions: duglauraflht
#16 ·
Put the D&D 2” drop on my 2021 today, can confirm everything works. Only weird thing is their directions and the various videos talk about unplugging almost everything, ratchet straps to support it, etc etc. none of this is necessary. The only things that need unplugging are the ones that feed from the two main harnesses coming up through the middle. Then just pull the damn thing off and set it on a towel. No need for straps, two friends, none of that shit. Maybe this is a change on the 21?

I will say that so far I love it, no change whatsoever to wind buffetting or other negatives. I am coming from a road king tho and enjoy some wind in my face so take that as you will.

As far a looks I definitely like it, but man it’s much more subtle in person than it looks online. I honestly wonder if I’d notice the lowering if not pointed out. I do notice the 1” forward move tho. For some reason that sticks out way more to me. Either way, I enjoy the look and I’m happy with the performance. The piece is quality machined and covered in nice powder coat.

Big benefit for me since I run low bars is that I no longer have any contact with the fairing at full lock and can operate the glove boxes now without turning the bars.

For me, it’s a win

#46 ·
Put the D&D 2” drop on my 2021 today, can confirm everything works. Only weird thing is their directions and the various videos talk about unplugging almost everything, ratchet straps to support it, etc etc. none of this is necessary. The only things that need unplugging are the ones that feed from the two main harnesses coming up through the middle. Then just pull the damn thing off and set it on a towel. No need for straps, two friends, none of that shit. Maybe this is a change on the 21?

I will say that so far I love it, no change whatsoever to wind buffetting or other negatives. I am coming from a road king tho and enjoy some wind in my face so take that as you will.

As far a looks I definitely like it, but man it’s much more subtle in person than it looks online. I honestly wonder if I’d notice the lowering if not pointed out. I do notice the 1” forward move tho. For some reason that sticks out way more to me. Either way, I enjoy the look and I’m happy with the performance. The piece is quality machined and covered in nice powder coat.

Big benefit for me since I run low bars is that I no longer have any contact with the fairing at full lock and can operate the glove boxes now without turning the bars.

For me, it’s a win
I've had the D and D 2 inch drop kit and I'm 6'4. Do you think this would be too much of a drop for my height? I laso have the legend Axeos on the front which lower the front by about 1.65 inches I believe

#19 · (Edited)
I’ll offer this - if you’re doing it strictly for looks, at this point I’m not sure it’s worth the price tag, although the DD one is the cheapest of the bunch and very well designed and made. It’s hard for me to really tell without getting it outside and staring at it from a distance, or next to another glide. My shop is just so crowded with other projects I can’t really get an unobstructed view of it from far enough away.
I honestly think even among road glide enthusiasts, very few people would look at it and notice it’s been dropped right away. On the other hand, I like that. The whole ‘there’s something cool about that I can’t quite figure out....’ vibe. I’m not a fan of cartoonish ‘big wheel’ style mods. I’m a fan of several small but tasteful mods that just kind of complete the whole package, if you get my meaning.
However - I like it. It was worth the cost for me, and it’s an easy job. The biggest benefit for me is like I said before - my low rise/short pullback bars don’t contact anything anymore. Even if I didn’t need the clearance I’d do it again, though. Like I said, I like a lot of little things that just make the whole package look right and different.

#29 ·
I bought the MC Baggers unit. Incredible engineering and finish. It also has a built in stabilizer bar and is completely adjustable.. Instructions were perfect....actually the best I have ever seen AND in color. The ONLY thing I don't like about it, is that it does not move the fairing ahead so you can't install or use hard lowers.The other brands move the fairing ahead enough to put the lowers on. I am now looking for a set hard lowers that are a bit shorter than stock. I don't have speakers in them so don't need the speaker pockets. That has now become the new project...trying to find custom hard-lowers.

#39 ·
Went with 2”. Just ordered it from DD. Adding the Apple Car play plug so I need to pull the outer fairing off anyway. And I wanted to add closable vents. Not too fond of the latch engineering...but i’m sure some well placed white lithium grease will keep in working longer than no lube. Also ordered up screens for the vents.

#40 ·
Just did the DD 2” drop. Follow SIK BAGGER’s install video and it takes about an hour. I wouldn’t follow DD’s instructions…waaaay overkill. Unplug everything and remove entire inner fairing? I think not!
I only used hand tools. I did support the fairing from above and everything went perfect. Now for the Fat Tire 180 kit.
Custom Vehicle Paint quoted me $700 with a lead time of 4-6 weeks to have the nee fender painted to match my stock Vivid black and Billiard Red fender with pin stripes.

#44 ·
Follow SIK BAGGER’s install video and it takes about an hour. I wouldn’t follow DD’s instructions…waaaay overkill. Unplug everything and remove entire inner fairing? I think not!
I only used hand tools. I did support the fairing from above and everything went perfect..
Used his video too, except I inserted the bracket in from the bottom, with the slot facing up and rotated it into place...3 mins tops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.