Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the bags made by Fairing Factory and was wondering if anyone has these and what the quality is like. Did it take a lot to prep them for paint ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
115 Posts
I received mine some days ago. They looks good but i don't know about prep and so on. It's a winter mods and still haven't decided which fender they will go with..

Hope it help

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quality varies from piece to piece and they will take a considerable amount of body work if you want them to look acceptable in shiny black.
Whatever I buy will be painted Chrome Yellow but I don't want to give my painter bags that require a lot on his end to get them looking good.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
With that big mold seam down the side of them and the very wavy surface they will need to get skim coated with filler and covered pretty good with polyester filler primer a couple times.
The fairing factory bags seem to be a lot worse than the "v-twin" ones, and make sure your painter uses "plastic adhesion promoter" before he lays down any filler or primer.

The yellow will help hide the waves for sure ;)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I bought a batwing fairing and hard bags a couple of years ago for my vivid black heritage. The fairing was a really good match and a good price. I wish I had checked around for bags though cuz I paid 780.00 for them and the quality was not very good one of them cracked down the middle of the back. I could have bought used Harley bags for a lot less. I bet I couldn't get 150.00 for them now so they just set on the shelf

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts