Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some lowers for an up coming trip. Anyone have experience with either of these?

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I have the Mutazu lowers and they have been great.
I also purchased the quick release chromed hardware.
For $200.00 verse Harleys $800.00 setup, it was a know brainer that this time worked out great.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Harley stuff is better ,but $600 better ? , I don't think so. I also really like my Mutazu lowers.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Harley stuff is better ,but $600 better ? , I don't think so. I also really like my Mutazu lowers.
If my bike was vivid black is have fine with the matuza lowers. But I got 20% off buying the color matched when I bought the bike. That also put them under the warranty.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Mutazu lowers and they have been great.
I also purchased the quick release chromed hardware.
For $200.00 verse Harleys $800.00 setup, it was a know brainer that this time worked out great.
Thanks Swomack. Your ride looks great. The red really pops.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I pulled the trigger on the newer style vivid black lower fairing by Mutazu for $189 including mounting hardware. I will post impressions and pics after I receive them and install. I would rather purchase the OEM lowers, but as stated above... $600 more does not seem worth it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the newer style vivid black lower fairing by Mutazu for $189 including mounting hardware. I will post impressions and pics after I receive them and install. I would rather purchase the OEM lowers, but as stated above... $600 more does not seem worth it to me.
Those are the ones I have. I bought a set of speaker pods separately. I think you will be very pleased at the quality for the price you paid. I don't think OEM are much if any better.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm installing a set of the Mutazu currently. I paid $150 to my door from them. I'm upgrading the hardware, on the bottom I bought 5/16" X 2" SS u-bolts from Home Depot and insulated them with 3/8" fuel hose ($10 total). Should complete the install tomorrow or Wednesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased the Fairing Factory 14-up vented lowers. I couldn't find a definitive answer whether they will fit my 12 SERG. I'll update once I receive them. They come with glove boxes and speaker pods. If I am happy with them I'll color match them to the bike and add speakers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm upgrading the hardware, on the bottom I bought 5/16" X 2" SS u-bolts from Home Depot and insulated them with 3/8" fuel hose ($10 total).
Good call on the upgrade. Anything needed for the top? I am certain that I will do the same. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
The only thing guys, from my experience, I would have bought the pre 14's lowers. They have bigger vents and lets more air around the engine and your legs. The new style was made for the water cooled heads bikes and has one small vent to the inside of the lower. I wished I would have gone like I had on my older bike, much more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hardware Upgrade

Good call on the upgrade. Anything needed for the top? I am certain that I will do the same. Thanks for the tip.
I'm working on the top mount now. I used 1/4" flange heads bolts I already had and attached them behind the tabs with marine epoxy. Will be checking the fit up today.

·
Registered
470 Posts
These are what I purchased. Received them had a blemish on one of the top caps. Company sent me new ones right out with no issue at all. Great quality, color is spot on and very large vents. These came with both top glove box and speaker pods. Hope to get them installed this weekend.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
These are what I purchased. Received them had a blemish on one of the top caps. Company sent me new ones right out with no issue at all. Great quality, color is spot on and very large vents. These came with both top glove box and speaker pods. Hope to get them installed this weekend.

You guys will dig them.
Once I installed them I never have taken them off & they just look great on the RG's.
Swomack

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Even with the new style smaller vents, i had no over heating issues in 120° AZ heat a few weeks ago.
Yep
Here in SoCal the same time you guys had that heat spell it was 115 to 117.
The hottest day that we have had in many many years. My bike didn't overheat with the lowers on as well.
Now me on the other hand, as soon as I got home I jumped right into the swimming pool.
LOL
Swomack

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Haha yeah, I'm thinking the lowers helped keep that furnace temp air off my body though, along with the midframe deflectors. Those where a life saver!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the newer style vivid black lower fairing by Mutazu for $189 including mounting hardware.
Is this the one you got ? ---> This lower fairing kit is specially designed for Road Glide only for custom fit. No modification needed.

Fits: 1998-2015 Harley ROAD GLIDE models ONLY with Harley OEM engine guard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts