Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'11... Wife is 5'11+ and wide in the shoulders, chest and hips.... Riding a 13 fltru with stock seat.

Factory shield is just ok for me. A little buffeting and a lot of wind noise drowning out the stereo. I look at least 2" over the fairing sitting straight up and look through the fairing slumped or kicking back...

Wife is buffetted BADLY and wind noise is drowning out the stereo.

What Windshield will provide her the MOST air protection.

Looking for anyone who has a large passenger experience to draw from. Thanks.:)

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I don't have one..... but check the Madstad threads, sounds like you've described the problems they're supposed to solve.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't have one..... but check the Madstad threads, sounds like you've described the problems they're supposed to solve.

Sent from my SPH-L710
+1 on the Madstad. In addition to checking the threads on this forum, pull up their website, then phone them with questions and get their advice.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That is an easy one. Madstaad!

My wife swears by ours, not mention it made it seem like I installed an amp in the stereo!:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Madstad!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anything close to a Madstadt?

I am sorry guys the Madstadt looks just kill me! LOL I have loved the shark for that nose and windshield since first seeing one in the early 80's... The Madstadt may cure cancer but man oh man.... I am having a heck of a time getting over the looks.

It's funny. I am a function over form kind of guy everywhere but my bikes. My bikes are the only things I own that ave grace!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
519 Posts
Look into a Clearview shield. I had this then went to a Madstad but went back. My wife said that it works great for her.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a Windvest. Really like it. Im like you, the Madstad obviously does work but Jesus H. I cant handle the visual.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I had a 14" WV before I put the Madstad on. I actually think the 13" MS looks better. It is certainly not any uglier than the WV plus it works a lot better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like to think that both the Madstad and myself look better in person than in pictures. I have a Madstad and it just plain works. Plus, I don't mind the looks ... maybe it has grown on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts