Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new RG limited and it came with what appears to be some kind of fairing inserts. But I can’t find them in the owners manual and can’t figure out where they go. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Where did you find them, in the luggage somewhere? Should have been installed as part of dealer prep. One part clips around the engine guard and the other part clips around the fuel tank mounting bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome thanks guys
I have a '20 Limited and they came installed, although I never knew they were there until your post! I agree you should run it back to the dealer and have them throw them on and double check that they didn't miss anything else on setup.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
those are so easy to install i would be embarrassed to go back to the dealer for that. though, i do agree with you in principle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
those are so easy to install i would be embarrassed to go back to the dealer for that. though, i do agree with you in principle.
I hear ya. I'd be more worried about what else they might have half assed though, good to at least let them know. For $30k you should be able to expect some attention to detail.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Any known benefit to these deflectors?
I had them on my 2012 and they deflect dirty air coming up betyween the tank and fairing. The ones for the Rushmore are shaped a little differently but work as well.I would've been happy to find them in my saddlebag upon purchasing a new bike. This is the first I've heard of them being given away with purchase of a new bike.

Reactions: Ohiobellboy

·
Registered
314 Posts
My sales person showed them to me and explained their attachment, but indicated some people use them while others don't. I told him to drop them in the tour pak and I could install if wanted. I haven't tried them yet obviously.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I had them on my 2012 and they deflect dirty air coming up betyween the tank and fairing. The ones for the Rushmore are shaped a little differently but work as well.I would've been happy to find them in my saddlebag upon purchasing a new bike. This is the first I've heard of them being given away with purchase of a new bike.
Came stock on all 3 of mine. LOL

·
Registered
2021 RGS, 77 rigid shovel, 63 panshovel
107 Posts
Guessing these wouldn’t work on a 21 special since they have the chopped engine guard?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Guessing these wouldn’t work on a 21 special since they have the chopped engine guard?
You are correct, the baffles won't work with the chopped engine guard. I considered the spoiler and chopped engine guard but I'm not willing to mess with the clean air pocket I have. There's a thread on a member modifying a spoiler to fit a regular engine guard. I'd like to see it in person before considering.

Reactions: Shovelhead23

·
Registered
2021 RGS, 77 rigid shovel, 63 panshovel
107 Posts
You are correct, the baffles won't work with the chopped engine guard. I considered the spoiler and chopped engine guard but I'm not willing to mess with the clean air pocket I have. There's a thread on a member modifying a spoiler to fit a regular engine guard. I'd like to see it in person before considering.
From what I understand the spoiler is ascetics only and does nothing for air/buffeting. I’m not even sure I like the look of them at all.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
@Shovelhead23 yeah it's not for everyone. It allows the option of getting a CVO look.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts