Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been suggested that I start a new thread regarding this, maybe because of the year of my bike, which is a 2000 Road Glide. Had the inner fairing painted and installed a hidden antenna. Trying to put the outer fairing on has been interesting. Read a number of posts, and it seems like the majority of owners out there take the headlight assembly out of the fairing so they can see how to line up the hooks on the radio bracket to the notches on the fairing. Make sense to me. Got the fairing on and buttoned up, but the head light assembly won't co-operate. I can get the two bottom studs and secure, but the top stud doesn't want to line up and click into place. I have made sure there are no wires in the way. I have also read that people leave the head light assembly in and install the fairing that way. I need some advice from all of you as to which way I should go. I have considered re-installing the fairing without the headlight and trying to install the top stud first. There is more room at the bottom of the faring to see the studs.
Any comments would be great. It is raining here today, but sunny days are scheduled for next week.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Correctly aligning the headlight studs on my 2011 were a pain as well - probably took 20 minutes or so of trial and error. Just keep at it and eventually they'll all go in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It all came together today. Now if the rains will just stop, we are going riding. Can't wait.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts