Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a dakota internal antenna installed by my Harley Davidson dealer in my 2012 road glide custom. After taking it home I realized that I did not get any reception what so ever, so I returned to the dealer and they attempted to adjust the mounting location to get better reception. They informed me that they could not get it to work so they refunded me the cost of the antenna and reinstalled the stock antenna.

I really would like to install an internal antenna whether by Harley Davidson or another company. I was looking at the boom audio internal antenna, I have heard good things about it. Can anybody recommend an antenna and the best location for install. Thanks

Sent from my MZ609 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the hidden antenna for my 2012 RGU from JM Corp and I can't tell any real difference in reception from the stock antenna. I installed it as the instructions called for and it works great for me. I also installed the hidden antenna they make for the factory Harley CB radios.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the hidden antenna for my 2012 RGU from JM Corp and I can't tell any real difference in reception from the stock antenna. I installed it as the instructions called for and it works great for me. I also installed the hidden antenna they make for the factory Harley CB radios.
where in the fairing did you install it... the dealer seems to think that the Dakota wasn't working because it was getting interference from either the XM antenna (installed on top of the radio) or my EZ Pass (installed under the windscreen). It looks like the dealer installed the radio next to the XM Antenna based on the amount of double sided tape residue i found. The dealer said the tried to move it around the fairing, but i have a feeling they were being lazy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts