Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok having taken my fairing off a dozen times, my concern and question is the gap that I cant close up between the outer and inner fairing. I have tried numerous solutions and still have a gap, just drives me crazy. Recently I see that the new 2012 CVO has a gasket that has addressed and fixed the issue, the only problem is you cant buy just the gasket, you must purchase the whole windshield. Has anyone found a solution to fixing the gap and closing up the fairing snug, thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
They are not a sponser and I am no way affiliated with them,.. but X Trim is what your looking for. Will seal that fairing up pretty much air tight with exception of the very bottom under your headlights. Which you don't want sealed anyway for any water to escape.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
fitting the clam shell back on is not easy, on the sides, two under and one up on the tabs for me, getting the hooks on the front under the headlights, hard this last time, easy other times...

I just order the xtrim windshield package as my stock rubber quiting badly and I've all but made things worse trying to fix it with the wrong glue.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Reading these type of fairing postings make me hesitant to ever open the fairing. I have to get up the courage to open and upgrade the speakers and get 6000k lighting and ballasts installed. Maybe in the Winter....

You know, the more I look at the fairing from the seat ... its not straight! Wheel straight it looks very slightly shifted left. Factory QA is slipping? Are all RGU like this?

Are there adjustments or let the dealer take care of it?

:cool:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't understand why that fairing was not engineered or designed with today's technology to ensure when the clam shell is reinstalled .....you know the clam shell is reassembled correctly and your not 2nd guessing yourself. I wrestled with mine two weeks ago. At one point I was thinking it was getting the best of me. Now these last two weeks.....every road glide I would see in a parking lot.....I would check out how the clam shell fit against the inside fairing and compare it with mine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fairing

Just wanted to do a follow up, I took apart and installed a Xtrim windshield piece for the top of inner and outer fairing, things are closed up much better not perfect but very little gap anymore. If you put back together with windshield off you can get it pulled up much tighter>

·
Registered
113 Posts
i wish someone had an easy way to put that fairing back on,cause i fight that dirty whore every time!!!!
Do you install your fairing with the headlights removed? Just thought I'd ask as I find that much easier. At least with the headlights out, I can find the hooks and seat the grooves easily. At that point, I just pop in the headlight and all is good.

It still sucks, primarily due to all the additional wiring I've added (XM, Intercom, CB, internal powered antennaes, J&M amp).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fairing

Yes I remove the headlights, like to be able to look around and ck everything before closing up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts