Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a '15 RG.
I'd like to add lowers to my ride. (I had them on my '10 SG and liked them a lot)

When I had a SG, I didn't pay much attention to the differences between SG and RG. Now that I have a RG, I noticed that fairing lowers are different for RG and SG. At least the older ones (~13?)...
The ones RG seem a flatter at the top of the lower fairing..
Am I right?? Glove box are shaped differently as well, I've noticed.

Do I "have to" get me a set that're RG SPECIFIC? Or the ones for FLH's will fit as well??

Please help.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm SO glad that I got my new RG instead of a SG. There are too many SG's on the street and I like to be different, not to mention much better handdling/ feel of RG! :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
They were RG specific up until 09. In 10 (I think) they changed the fairing brackets so the vented lowers fit 10 to 13. I think I read on here that the vented lowers from previous years will also fit the 15 RG.

·
Registered
476 Posts
They were RG specific up until 09. In 10 (I think) they changed the fairing brackets so the vented lowers fit 10 to 13. I think I read on here that the vented lowers from previous years will also fit the 15 RG.
The vented lowers from '09+ fit, I had a set from an FLHX that were not installed when the bike was totalled. Little trimming of the caps to clear the fairing supports and the fit no problem. Work great too!

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
You can use any fairing lowers that are 2010 and later without making any modifications.
You can also use any VENTED fairing lower from 99 to 2009 that is from a batwing, you just need to trim the fairing cap stem where it goes down the crashbar.
You can also use the 2004 to 2009 non vented RG specific fairing lowers.
HD also made a non vented fairing lower for the batwing and they should fit the 2010 and later models as well .

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just picked up a '15 RG.
I'd like to add lowers to my ride. (I had them on my '10 SG and liked them a lot)

When I had a SG, I didn't pay much attention to the differences between SG and RG. Now that I have a RG, I noticed that fairing lowers are different for RG and SG. At least the older ones (~13?)...
The ones RG seem a flatter at the top of the lower fairing..
Am I right?? Glove box are shaped differently as well, I've noticed.

Do I "have to" get me a set that're RG SPECIFIC? Or the ones for FLH's will fit as well??

Please help.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm SO glad that I got my new RG instead of a SG. There are too many SG's on the street and I like to be different, not to mention much better handdling/ feel of RG! :)

I'd give you mine off of my 15 cvo if i could.......... never liked lowers and with the water cooled heads your stuck with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.