Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the techs:

We bought or 2012 new and it always had a seeming tilt to the fairing based on the radio extension area alignment to the gauge head on the triple tree, am I seeing things or is there a alignment process to make certain it is square to the bike?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Not sure about a process, but you can adjust the fit. The easiest is to loosen the mounts on the Engine Bars and move them around. Not much play there, but enough to tweak it. The serious adjustments require taking the outer fairing off and adjusting the 4 bolts that mount the inner to the frame. If you've never taken the outer off, it's a treat.:eek: Plenty of threads on that process to be found on here.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
As ONG said you need to take your fairing off and adjust the 4 bolts that hold the inner fairing on. Be sure to mount the crash bar mounts to get the correct fit. Plenty of interesting things under the outer fairing. You can look at your speakers and figure out what a piece of cake it is to change speakers and look at all the room in there. You could use an amp, some more lights, and, and, and.:D

Mine was maladjusted when I got it too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, had been considering just pulling the outer and trying to square it up line of sight but worried there was a process with these. I had it out yesterday and as stated it seems worse than when bought, can they shift over time? I am going into it today to see what I can as to what is going on in there.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
12,313 Posts
I had the same problem when I first bought my bike, I watched the tech at the dealership remove the fairing and adjust it, (of course it was covered under warranty) since then I've done it myself. Once you get familiar with removing and replacing the outer fairing it's pretty simple.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
First thing I'd do is sit on the bike with a bullet level and put it on the top of the speedo/tach pod. Level it. Then move it to the top of the radio bulge... what's it say? When the radio pod is level, what's the windshield look like? I think much of the complaints are due to the Windshield sittin' crooked. Behind that, I think many folks sit side-saddle by nature. I know my jeans leave a mark on the seat that's off center of the seat when I get off the bike.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well , hell.
I thought I was seeing things when it looked like things wernt exactly square with the fairing / radio !
I was needing to get inside and tinker with my amp anyway. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts