Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of the invisible fairing supports and I noticed that the fairing vibrates a lot more then it did when I had the stock brackets that mounted to the crash bar. Is this normal or did I install them incorrectly?

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Subscribing, I have the ones from Hell's Foundry, but have'nt installed them yet.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
They will vibrate more than the factory supports. Nature of the beast.:D

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I have hells foundry supports i dont experience any vibratation..
Glad to here, that makes me feel better. :D Jasondoow which supports do you have?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have hells foundry supports i dont experience any vibratation..
Those are the ones I have. Wonder if I just do not have them tight enough, just am afraid to over tighten

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Hell's foundry brackets and it shakes like crazy. The geometry doesn't allow for very good load transfer. I just ordered the heavier duty brackets that go inside the fairing. I'll update after I get them installed.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I've had the Hell's Foundry supports for years without an issue. I won a set of the internal one's I may try just for looks though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had a set of the Hells Foundry on for years...tighten to spec and fairing did vibrate a bit...I also found on bumpy roads the fairing would seem to have a lot more noise...it's a good part but I think it has a little flex to it which caused the problems...I have gone back to stock...no issues anymore for me.

All I can say is try it...if it works for you then great...I just could take the noises anymore on mine, the vibrations didn't bother me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts