Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley friends,
I traded for a new 2021 RoadGlide (186 miles now) and really like it. But I noticed early on that the front fairing is tilted slightly to the right (the right side is lower than the left side). It causes no trouble except it bothers my eye.

I watched a YouTube video on how to remove the inside fairing surface but not the bulk piece. Not sure how to adjust or shim the right side mount up. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
There are four bolts inside the fairing in the center that attach the inner fairing to the center support. Then you have the supports that attach the inner fairing to the engine guard. Loosen the 4 center bolts, the bolt on each side of the inner fairing where the inner attaches to the engine guard support and the support on each side at the engine guard. Loosen just enough to gain movement, you don't want it to just be able to flop around. Now you will be able to adjust the fairing. There isn't a lot of adjustment but there is enough to cause what you are describing and to bother you. I had to adjust mine after I brought it home.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This seems to be a common issue. Mine was out of whack to the right as well. ^^^^^BH#103 is correct. You'll need the bike to be level as well. Your dealer where you bought it should do the work if you don't want to

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Definitely take it to the dealer. It's too new to be screwed with. For this kind of money it should be right and acceptable.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
There are four bolts inside the fairing in the center that attach the inner fairing to the center support. Then you have the supports that attach the inner fairing to the engine guard. Loosen the 4 center bolts, the bolt on each side of the inner fairing where the inner attaches to the engine guard support and the support on each side at the engine guard. Loosen just enough to gain movement, you don't want it to just be able to flop around. Now you will be able to adjust the fairing. There isn't a lot of adjustment but there is enough to cause what you are describing and to bother you. I had to adjust mine after I brought it home.
I had to do the same thing. Only takes a few minutes...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine was tilted when I got it too, just enough to irritate me. Dealer straightened it up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A hearty thank you to each of you. I’ll have a look myself, and if too much, will ask the dealer.
That said, this Road Glide is very nice. I get smooth acceleration without engine chatter in 5th and 6th gear. Some touring bikes chatter. I know because I had a different brand touring bike recently.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
No so much the bikes but the lazy asses slapping them together who also know little about torgue values and the use of tools.
Wife and I took the steel toe tour back in '13 at York. One of the things that stands out the most about that trip is the computer controlled torque wrenches used on every part. It isn't the monkey holding the wrench that screws it up unless they're pulling the wrench off early.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts