Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the little rubber trim piece between the inner and outer fairing coming loose. Its like the glue melts and ends up flapping in the wind working itself off.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This issue has been brought up before on here. I had the same problem. I went with the recomended company and ordered a new set of trim fro both my fairing and my windshield and it works great without any glue or adhesive keeping it in place.

The compnay is: http://www.xcycletrim.com/index.php

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't know....

....if they all do it but mine is!
When I had my 1000mi service, the service advisor said Harley's trim sucks.
So I guess that's no big secret either.

HSP

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Save yourself some money and get some automotive trim from the local auto parts store. Its thicker, wider and more durable than stock.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I did exactly what TracyB said. My looks better than oem. Never comes up, stays permanent. Costs under $20 and takes 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
This issue has been brought up before on here. I had the same problem. I went with the recomended company and ordered a new set of trim fro both my fairing and my windshield and it works great without any glue or adhesive keeping it in place.

The compnay is: http://www.xcycletrim.com/index.php
This stuff is awesome. I use it, I like it, and I recommend it to anyone that will listen. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Save yourself some money and get some automotive trim from the local auto parts store. Its thicker, wider and more durable than stock.
Did you have to remove the fairing to replace it or can you just loosen it enough to replace it?

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Jay, I just loosened it up a bit. I rode the bike for over a year with it and it never offered to budge. I took it off and didnt replace it when the new paint was sprayed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts