Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
The components that allow the new H-D Connect to work on the 2020 models have been added. Bet that’s what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No fuses under the cover except the main, wire for siren is on the right side instead of left no real spot for the siren hanging off the main fuse for now.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Tha
The components that allow the new H-D Connect to work on the 2020 models have been added. Bet that’s what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, the instructions that came with my siren were old. The instructions online showed my setup and now I feel like an idiot

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I personally have never closed the vents on my 2018. I probably could have just bought a Road King Special in the same color and been happy, but the fairing does take the wind blast off the torso so higher speeds are more comfortable.

The last time I pulled into a new dealership the salesman immediately recognized that I wouldn't be trading my bike in so he tried a new tact and asked me if I wanted to move my tins to a 2020. ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Okay, so I don’t know if the OP still wants the video since its been almost 2 months, but I finally got the inner fairing painted and installed it tonight after work, and as promised I made a video of the process to install the vents that can open/close. The videos aren’t great because it was getting dark, and I’m not much of a videographer (or narrator it turns out), but here they are. The first video is the install of the vents with the speaker pod and glove box still off. I stated in that video that I wasn’t sure if you needed to take them off to swap the vents... turns out that you do, so the second video shows what you need to do to take the speaker pod off to pull the old vent out and put the new one in.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Okay, so I don’t know if the OP still wants the video since its been almost 2 months, but I finally got the inner fairing painted and installed it tonight after work, and as promised I made a video of the process to install the vents that can open/close. The videos aren’t great because it was getting dark, and I’m not much of a videographer (or narrator it turns out), but here they are. The first video is the install of the vents with the speaker pod and glove box still off. I stated in that video that I wasn’t sure if you needed to take them off to swap the vents... turns out that you do, so the second video shows what you need to do to take the speaker pod off to pull the old vent out and put the new one in.

Good info! Thanks for taking time to provide this info. I’ve pointed a few FB users with new 2020 RG’s to this thread when they’re wondering what parts are needed and how much effort is involved. It ought to help some move forward now.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Fantastic thank you, will watch this weekend, headed to cancun to watch the game ?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you very much for this @BlueJob looks pretty simple.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts