Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had an ongoing 'funny feeling' that the starter relay was about to take a shit on Trixie ... For a while now. Periodically she would not start until I flipped the ignition off and back on (once...), but it only happened every few months, so it was just one of those keep-an-eye-on-it kind of things.

Until it straight up fucking died today.

This past week she did it several times, and it just flat-out gave up the ghost on us this afternoon ... In the garage. For the damned-ist of all reasons, she has never taken a shit on me when out and about. She is my primary transportation ... Rolling everyday - hither and yon - to wherever I need to be. But she has never taken a shit on me...unless she was in the garage.

So while I wait for my brother to get back from the dealer (who had it in stock) in the next town over, I just gotta say, Damn-it Trixie Good Girl!

Anthropomorphism is a thing - I'm guilty of it - and I'm okay with that. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
Glad you have a solution and Trixie didn’t leave you stranded on the road. I ain’t gonna lie, I had to look up your multi syllable word lol. I think you and Trixie share a mutual love.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,990 Posts
Glad you have a solution and Trixie didn’t leave you stranded on the road. I ain’t gonna lie, I had to look up your multi syllable word lol. I think you and Trixie share a mutual love.
I had to look it up as well. You'll get it up and running real quick if it's just the relay.

Font Electric blue Brand Screenshot Darkness

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL - Sorry Folks, there's a bunch of us what do it ... So Ya know there had to be a word for it. I just thought I'd toss it out there for anyone what wanted to know.

On the garage front, the new relay was not quite as helpful as hoped. But it did have a schematic printed on it so I could at least see what pin did what. I'd guessed most of them with a test light and an ohm meter, but apparently the ground for the relay (pin 86) has decided to not comply with the program. So I had to go with a wee bit of - Hm... - Let's call it "Southern Engineering" ... :D ... And she's good to go for the foreseeable future.

On a side note: the Dark Horse Man-O-War compensator - and rolling back to the stock chain tensioner - is a fuuucking awesome combination! Just that tiny extra bit of cushy lets me pull smoothly from as low as 1,200RPMs all the way out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts