Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As anyone who lives in New Hampshire (and most anywhere in New England) knows, October is the best time of year to ride! The air is clean and crisp, the temps are generally perfect (finally, all that heat from our bikes actually feels good!), no bugs, less traffic (except weekends), less kids on the road texting with their cell phones (they're back in school), even gas prices come down.

But the very best thing is the fall foliage. It's nothing less than stunning up here in God's country! So I thought it would be a great time to start a fall foliage thread for everyone to post their best/favorite shots. I'll start...

I've been riding past this little farm for about 5 years. Each year I'd stop and take a photo of my bike in front of it because you could see a little bit of the hillside behind it and the color was gorgeous when it hit peak - check it out: (Don't forget to click on the top bar of each photo to get the full effect - especially if you've got a wide screen monitor! The panoramas are incredible!!)

I'd always wished I could see more of the hillside but I'm always very respectful of people's property and only shoot from the roadside. This year right after I took this photo the owner, a hay farmer, came out to say hello and say that he'd seen me stop by a couple times before. I told him I'd been coming by for years and loved the view of his hillside. He said, "That's nothing. Go up my driveway and follow that little grass path up the hill. I think you'll be happy with what you see."

Needless to say, I was very excited. I'd always wanted a better view of that hillside in full autumn glory. But what I saw when I got up there blew me away. I spent an hour up there in fall foliage photo heaven. I didn't want to leave. Here's the best of what I got:

And here's the unbelievable winner - a panorama suitable for framing!

And another one from even farther back:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's another one from up there I couldn't fit in the original thread due to the 6 photo limit!

Here's a few more from some other areas I went to in the past couple weeks:

I love this huge maple tree - it looks like it's on fire!

Here's a couple from some little pull-off on the side of a road that looked cool:

And another... this guy's got a nice view!

Here's another winner, a nice shot overlooking Lake Winnepasaukee:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Panorama heaven...

This is the best one, overlooking the big lake:

·
Registered
816 Posts
The leaves were very nice in Maine this year. Still some color, but past peak
here now. Big blow coming, 2-4" rain and wind Wed-Thurs, will finish them off I think by this weekend.

Moosehead Lake from Blair Hill

Millinocket Lake from Libby's Camps

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yes the colors are out standing. I took a ride up to NY last weekend and its a sight no doubt. The storm that hit today and will blow hard thru the night will blow all the leaves away:(

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was born and raised in NH and you're right, the views up there this time of the year cannot be matched anywhere else!

Thanks for the pictures! They brought back a lot of memories of growing up in NH!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Colorado ain't too shabby in the fall either. Last Sunday I rode all day in a tshirt! This was my girl friends first long ride in the mountains on her first bike!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts