Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a fall ride (sturgis week) from eastern South Dakota to Duluth/Superior, the Grand Marias and up to Thunder Bay. We will have about 5 days to spend in those areas, so I'm looking for suggestions on things to see, lodging, places to eat and any good watering holes to checkout.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ya don't say, I've been planning a very similar route....Eastern SD (Mitchell) to Duluth...Thunder Bay...Int'l Falls...back home. But prolly not during Sturgis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The first week of August is hardly fall. If you're looking for the colors to be changing you'll be outta luck!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just before Grand Marias are the Lutsen Mountains, Pay the ten bucks and ride the gondola to the other hill, cup of coffee or soup, enjoy the views. Like Peter Griffin said on the other forum go around the top of the lake to Rossport, Schreiber, Terrace bay. Dont go ooh and aah on the north shore till you see that part of the Canadian shore.

·
Registered
54 Posts
While you're in Duluth, be sure to stop at the Buffalo House for one of their bison burgers. The Anchor Bar in Superior is also an excellent choice for great burgers. Popular tourist spots are Enger Tower, (which gives an excellent view of lower Duluth and Lake Superior/St. Louis River,) the Aerial Lift Bridge in Canal Park, and Park Point. Lots of very good restaurants and shops in Canal Park. Message me when you get to the area, I'd be more than happy to ride around with you while you're here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts