·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this easy to install?

Fan Assisted Oil Cooler Kit
Part Number 62700204
hd-fan-assisted-oil-cooler-kit

Or can a fan just be added (reply with link if so)? or what other options do I have for a 2019 RGS (Stage II - TQ) that I plan to put tons of miles on... :nerd:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am having my dealer install since my regular cooler got damaged during service. From what I have read it cannot just have the fan added to it as the mounting tabs are different on the cooler to hold the shroud. You don't have to replace the cooler lines but the kit comes with them. Now you have a cvo everything is there but the fan so then just the fan can be added. The ecm does have to have the option turned on. Hope this helps.

I decided to do just because lower temps are always a good thing in my book. Here is a screenshot of the results that I found on another site in case anyone is on the fence to do or not. And took a lot of reading to find the before and after results. Screenshot_20181126-124043.jpeg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am having my dealer install since my regular cooler got damaged during service. From what I have read it cannot just have the fan added to it as the mounting tabs are different on the cooler to hold the shroud. You don't have to replace the cooler lines but the kit comes with them. Now you have a cvo everything is there but the fan so then just the fan can be added. The ecm does have to have the option turned on. Hope this helps.

I decided to do just because lower temps are always a good thing in my book. Here is a screenshot of the results that I found on another site in case anyone is on the fence to do or not. And took a lot of reading to find the before and after results. View attachment 375975

wow, the difference in temps is significant, now the ecm controls it i assume, did you find at what temp it kicks on at? and can that be adjusted?

I was considering this before i seen the temp results, and that pretty much sold it for me. I wonder how loud the fan is, i guess the exhaust should drown it out anyways lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have not found out any info yet on changing when it turns on and what not. I am fine with letting the fan turn on and off with how it is programmed. The numbers just reinforce my feelings as well. Have not had mine installed yet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had my dealer install it, they charged me 30 minutes labor, that is their minimum and what they would have charged me to enable it in the ecm if I had installed it myself.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I was not even considering this because the M-8 runs so much cooler then the TC did.. I may have to re consider?! I had a Ultra Cool on the TC and it was controlled by a thermostat not sure I like the Idea of the fans running all the time?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Plus 1

A great dealer indeed, Phil and his crew rock!!!
My dealer does nothing, and I mean NOTHING for free. I wanted them to change the programming to allow my fog lights to stay on with the high beams on. Sure, we can do that, but we have to charge you. $37.50, to be exact. You guys are lucky to have dealers that are more reasonable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer told me 2 hours of labor... I'll probably just install it myself and then have them flash it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts