Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any kind of an after market fan that would blow air directly to the rear cylinder??

Nevadasun

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes it's controlled by the twist grip on the right side of the handlebar. The more you twist it the more air flows across the rear cylinder ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
745 Posts
Seriously though, I have seen a fan setup that mounts in place of the horn and directs air across both cylinders
Not sure who makes it, sorry

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jims makes one, as well as Love Jugs. I've heard that HD makes one, but I've never seen one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running the Jims fan on my 03 with a 107 , the oil temp stay about 235 degrees on a 100 degree day .

·
Registered
137 Posts
+1 on the Ward's. It mounts with the horn and works.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Another fan of the Wards Fans here. I have read some good reviews on the Jims, and it also incorporates the horn, so it doesn't change the look of the bike.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wards here too

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I've had Wards from day #1, I followed his research and development over on the HD Forum. Quality work, outstanding guy. Long story short, I had a problem with my fans on the way to SW4, I e-mailed Jason and told him what the problem was and asked if he could fix it for a fee. My fans were just a few weeks out of warranty, so I fully expected to pay. Jason called me, and asked if I wanted a set sent overnight to New Hampshire, I told him no, I would wait until I returned. Well when I returned home, a new set of fans was there waiting for me, he just asked that I send the old ones back, the only thing I paid was the shipping charge to send the old ones back............ needless to say, I am a very satisfied and loyal customer.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The wards fans are the way to go. I've had mine on now for over 20K miles with no problems and bike never goes into parade or limp mode anymore.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Q-Hog, please see my post about compression testing. You may want to do this sooner than later............

·
Registered
7,540 Posts
I'm another one for wards fans.
Great product made by a Army Veteran.
I was glad to buy them from a US Veteran.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts