Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a really loud noise coming from my J&M 250 watt amp.
i had some time this weekend to pull the outer fairing, and confirmed it is the amplifiers fan. Sounds like the fan is getting hung up or is out of balance and trying to spin, but isnt. When i tap the outside of the amp the fan starts moving again.
Anyone else have this problem?
I have emailed John at JM an waiting for a response, just wanted to check to see if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I never realized they have a fan. I don't recall seeing vents anywhere.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well of course they do. Cant you hear it running? Maybe because the splash cover conceals the vent you didnt notice it.
Im going to take it out this weekend and send it back to j&m to fix.
Ive only had it since july and they are warrantied for 2 years.
Also waiting to hear back from John

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keep us posted. I installed mine this weekend and heard a weird noise after a ride today. Hoping it isnt jacked up already.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John at J&M emailed me back the next day and said:
"Those fans sometimes make a little noise, but it does not mean that failure is imminent, you would be surprised how long they last ,,,,,,,
If it still makes a bunch of noise later in the spring, and you want us to change it, we are here whenever it is convenient for you".

I could understand this, the cold weather making the fan noiser, and may need re greased, but I explained it doesnt make just a little bit of noise, it makes a lot of noise.
his response was:

"Not a problem ,,,, we will take care of it for you"

J&M Service ,,,,,,,
When you receive the amplifier from Billy ,,, replace it with a new one, regardless of what you find wrong with it "

Excellent customer service from John at J&M!!!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great customer service from J&M

Just an update on my J&M audio.
I sent my amp in to J&M for repair, and asked (since they are replacing the amp at no charge) if I could upgrade to the 500 watt 4 channel amp and pay the difference. They agreed as long as I paid the difference retail to retail. So for an extra $270, i am getting the 500 watt amp now! :)
After uninstalling my amp and speakers, I noticed a little rattle inside one of my speakers, like a coil was loose and asked J&M to look into that, so I spent my speaker back with my amp and they are replacing the speakers as well at no charge.
Cant wait to get my lowers speakers this spring! hopefully these upgrades will really ROKK!
thankyou to John and everyone at J&M.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts