Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my bike to where it's comfortable and pretty well-handling. I've got a 12" LRS on it and the buffeting is not bad, but the wind noise is horrible. I can't hear the radio, even at full volume. Do the fangs work? and which are the best for a RG? Thanks, JD

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The Rushmore RG needs an amp in order to hear music. It needs a windshield too, but you've already done that.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Madstad...lol..and agree with ^^..need an amp and speaker regardless...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With all due respect (if any), I was wanting to know about the fangs, which I understand are fork-mounted wind deflectors. Kind of like asking about tires and getting all kinds of good advice about oil. If, as I suspect, the only cure for wind noise is more volume, I don't think I'm going to be getting the kind of sound quality, that appeals to me. Thanks anyway. JD

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If you really want to waste money on the fangs, go ahead. Then buy an amp and a better windshield. I was just trying to save you some aggravation.
I have virtually zero wind noise on my 15 RGS with lowers and a 13" Freedom shield. And yes, I still needed an amp. I didn't want one, I needed one. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I put on the Harley FLTR Deflectors, they did help once above 50 mph. Cut down on some of the buffeting and wind noise. Not a cure-all, though. You are on a motorcycle after all. I've heard that the GADS (a forum sponsor) also work pretty well. (I recently put on some lowers I found on amazon). I've been thinking about adding their triple tree deflector. looks like that one install a little easier than some of the others out there.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If you really want to waste money on the fangs, go ahead. Then buy an amp and a better windshield. I was just trying to save you some aggravation.
I have virtually zero wind noise on my 15 RGS with lowers and a 13" Freedom shield. And yes, I still needed an amp. I didn't want one, I needed one. Good luck.
I agree totally i have a 12 inch Freedom shield and let me tell you at 70 MPh i hear my radio no problem also have Sancho`s wings which also help, give John a call at Freedom Shields you wont regret it, IMO best shield for the money.:smile:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't think they made the fangs for the Road Glide??

I did have them on a Street Glide (gasp! Lol) and they worked really well IMO. Looks were subjective, but function won out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've tried both Freedom Shields and Long Ride Shields. I've been very impressed with Freedom's quality and just put it back on the bike after riding the LRS for a month + and it's much quieter and better buffet wise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts