Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RGS has the following: -
Set of CVO mufflers
CVO air intake
Fuel pack FP3
that's it for the engine.

I was in a situation on Wednesday - long straight road and no traffic so I thought I would see what it would do.
down to fifth and red line than up to sixth; throttle wide ope and I could only get 180 Km/hour---no more.

It was a flat road - no hills.

BTW 180 KPH is about 112 MPH.

It felt good and secure at that speed, but I thought it would do more.

Any comments??

SLIM

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well Damn! ...I guess 117mph on my 96" 10 in 6th isn't as bad as I thought it was.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm guessing the newer bikes probably do have some kind of limiter (kinda doubt that it is in the wheels, LOL), but not for sure.

On my 2012 SG, I had 255 cams and good exhaust and breather. Broke 120 on it.
On my 2016 cvo rgu, I have had even more motor work. Buried the 120 on the speedometer early in 5th gear. Moved on to 6th gear for a good ways. Hard to say what top speed was, but guessing (calc gears/rpm) I was in the 140's. was racing a breakout with cams and such. never did pass that sob.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The wheels have rev. Limiters!? that would take technology harley does not use technology!!
It's not about how fast you go it's about how quick you get there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
that's about it for a stock glide the wheels have rev limiters on them and only allow so many rpms before it starts applying the brakes. this keeps the rubber from expanding and rubbing the fenders.

Would you mind citing a source for this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
And keep in mind that at top speed, your speedo is about 10 miles or 10% fast (or more?).

My speedo is same as gps... so they are both off... dunno. Maybe the speed indicator on factory GPS uses speedo input, but I doubt that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the engine has rev limit in 6th gear.
the Milwaukee eights have a speed limiter in addition to the RPM limiter, a STOCK street or road glide is speed limited to APPROXIMATELY 107 MPH.

there are ways around the speed limiter if you know how but you risk voiding your warrranty.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
that's about it for a stock glide the wheels have rev limiters on them and only allow so many rpms before it starts applying the brakes. this keeps the rubber from expanding and rubbing the fenders.
It all makes sense now ^^^^ this is probably why I can't get back to the future. Problem solved on that front.

On another note, my 96" 2010 Street Glide would bury the needle at 120 mph and eat up the lines on the road like pac man without an issue. I never went that fast yet on either one of the RG's I've had. Keep it safe out there gents!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My speedo is same as gps... so they are both off... dunno. Maybe the speed indicator on factory GPS uses speedo input, but I doubt that.

Please explain how to get the Harley GPS to show the speed. I have been informed on this forum and others that it can't be done. Thanks, JD

1 - 20 of 51 Posts