Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep looking at the native custom bagger fat front tire-I would like to hear from guys that have done this-I get a woody looking at them,my wife says I"m nuts due to cost-so those who have changed to the fatty let"s hear your thoughts,and pros and cons

·
Registered
899 Posts
The bagger nation fat front end is the one I keep looking at as well. Complete set up in one delivery. Big cost though. Can’t get past the money leaving my wallet for a look. Comfort yes but a look is a hard sell. Now if something on the front end broke they would be my first phone call.

04 Road Glide

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,261 Posts
Oh ....... sorry. I read the thread title and thought someone was writing about my ex-wife!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I keep looking at the native custom bagger fat front tire-I would like to hear from guys that have done this-I get a woody looking at them,my wife says I"m nuts due to cost-so those who have changed to the fatty let"s hear your thoughts,and pros and cons
I have the Native Customs fat tire kit on my bike and I've installed them on a number of bikes at work. Beyond just the looks, I think the bike does handle a lot better than stock. Straight line, the bike feels more stable and doesn't want to track easily in road snakes. Cornering feels more stable because of the front and rear tire being equal width. Steering actually feels lighter/quicker than stock. I lowered mine when I did my install but that was just for looks. You can leave your bike at stock height with no ill effects. If you do a search on here, there are a number of threads about this with pics (lowered and stock height) and other questions/answers.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts

Looks like you have 2 of the same threads going. I posted this link to Crazy4ink's thread on your other thread.

https://www.roadglide.org/50-suspensions/366951-fat-tire-frontend-install.html#/topics/366951

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Russell Mitchell's Fat Bloke caught my eye several years ago because its design is pure motorcycle to me: circles.
It was the influence for my bar hopper bike (but a much cheaper execution).
He runs a 200 front tire and 34° rake. I used a 150 tire with a 34° rake, which works out to about 7-8" of trail.
That rake and trail is a joy to run at higher speeds (above 45 mph) but is a real PITA in parking lot maneuvers. It requires a little more counter-steer effort in the sweepers, but is very stable and holds a straight line better than any of its stablemates.

I don't have experience with the Fat Front Tire Kit for the Road Glides, but I would assume with the 26° rake it would be the best of both worlds. If I were a younger man with the 4-5K disposable income to do it, I wouldn't hesitate to perform this upgrade. That, and it looks badass too lol

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Russell Mitchell's Fat Bloke caught my eye several years ago because its design is pure motorcycle to me: circles.
It was the influence for my bar hopper bike (but a much cheaper execution).
He runs a 200 front tire and 34° rake. I used a 150 tire with a 34° rake, which works out to about 7-8" of trail.
That rake and trail is a joy to run at higher speeds (above 45 mph) but is a real PITA in parking lot maneuvers. It requires a little more counter-steer effort in the sweepers, but is very stable and holds a straight line better than any of its stablemates.

View attachment 409958

I don't have experience with the Fat Front Tire Kit for the Road Glides, but I would assume with the 26° rake it would be the best of both worlds. If I were a younger man with the 4-5K disposable income to do it, I wouldn't hesitate to perform this upgrade. That, and it looks badass too lol
Always liked those Exile bikes. Such a cool old school,clean and simple look with just the basics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts