Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the new Fat tire kits> Seen a couple on baggers in the 180-200 size and like the looks. They say makes a work of difference in the handling. Current CVO 09 RG has a 21" and doesnt handle very good. Would this help? Also 124 with procharger!

BigLew

·
Registered
474 Posts
BigLew check out member Amarom. He's running a 180/55/18 rear tire on the front of his 15 RGS. I believe he used the native custom baggers kit. He's got some nice pics of his bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Never really was a fan of the big wheel look but that fat front tire look has my attention. Seen a few pics but no real solid feedback on how the bike handles etc? I'm interested but don't want to compromise the ride of my bike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, for those worring about bike handling with fat tire kit, just try it! Is it amazing, bike run and glide like a charm, no difficulties in short turn or city drive. Is a real Glide. I install the Fat tire kit on my 2015 FLTRX and I love it. Give Paul from Nattive Custom a sign, he is a great guy, will help with all advices needed. For 2015 up model, kit is easy. Install also a Progressive Monotube for stiffer fork, and you will fill the difference instantly. I am happy with my mods, putting miles on it since finished the Bulldo Bagger. Best

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If you do it post some pictures. Those silly bicycle tries some have been sticking on Touring bikes look like chit. Put a wagon wheel on the front something with some meat to it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Should I'm running a 160/70/17 on my 2012
Yeah, yours looks good. I have a 18" stock front wheel. It is 3.5" wide. I have heard some running 160/60/18. Would a 160/70/18 be better? According to what I find, the 150 is the widest tire that goes on a 3.5" wheel, but you can't believe everything you read.:laugh:

·
Gray Beard
1,521 Posts
Yeah, yours looks good. I have a 18" stock front wheel. It is 3.5" wide. I have heard some running 160/60/18. Would a 160/70/18 be better? According to what I find, the 150 is the widest tire that goes on a 3.5" wheel, but you can't believe everything you read.:laugh:

I run a metzler m880 in a 160 on gotta air out for install then air up , to clear caliper mounts and tweaked the fender a little

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fat Tire Front

Bellboy thanks. For some reason the pics will not work for me. Not sure what to do about a wheel. Not sure the stock front wheel off an 09 CVO rg would work or not. Would like tit to match the rear and its stock as well.

BigLew

1 - 17 of 17 Posts