Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here have any miles with a fat tire kit on a road glide, how does it handle compared to stock?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I know there's a few on here that have done it and say it's just fine. Not really too different. Talked to a few in person about it, and pretty much the same response. I do like the look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about ready to order but would like some first hand knowledge of handling and riding style. I was going to go with the native kit but like the look on the yaffe kit a bit better

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,814 Posts
I'm about ready to order but would like some first hand knowledge of handling and riding style. I was going to go with the native kit but like the look on the yaffe kit a bit better
Try to PM "dbell" on here. I believe Dave has been riding a fat tire for at least 2 - 3 years now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Completed three weeks ago, a Native Custom Bagger's PitBull Easy Wide Front Tire Kit. I installed a 180 up front with a full wrap OG Fender and love the look.
Then joined 15 other HD's for a ride into Ohio's Hocking Hills area and Ohio's Highway 555, "The Triple Nickle", and although I did this primarily for the look, the bike takes curves like its on rails, pick your line and drive it! Love the look, love the handling even more! I would encourage you to at least call owner Paul Richards 269-276-9200 and discuss your plans, I did, he made suggestions that saved me a lot of time and money, great guy!
Very Happy with the end results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
PitBull Road Glide

I absolutely love my Native Custom Bagger's PitBull. 180 up front and the OG Full Wrap Fender, came out looking great, but better than the looks is the authoritative handling on a twisty blacktop road, shes on rails!!
I did it primarily for looks, but a week in Ohio's Hocking Hills and runnin "the triple nickle" has convinced me the biggest improvement is the confident sure footed handling.

Love It!

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts

These two kits you mention are dry different. The native kit is an 18” that uses stock rake with shaved legs. The gaffe kit is a 20” wheel that requires a raked front end. The kit yaffe sells i believe comes with a new neck so you would need to cut and weld it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been running the Native kit for about a year now, have nothing but love for the kit, assembly was easy, everything fit correct no modifications. I have put about 10k miles on mine ridden all over NC from the coast to the Dragons tail...… up and down the interstate to Daytona.....she rides and handles like a dream. leave in the morning heading to West "by god" Virginia for a weekend of mountain riding.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I’ve ridden and installed a couple kits now from Native Baggers. They look awesome. The front end does handle “heavy”, however it’s manageable. Road snakes aren’t felt nearly as much and the kits ride great on long day rides. Again, a bit heavy in the tight stuff. Suggest installing bars that are on the wider side so that you a have a bit more leverage while turning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts