Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Easy123 on winning bike of the month for February!! Feel free to give him a pat on the back and congradulate him on the win.

Here are the details on the bike.
This month’s contest clearly illustrates why we all love Harleys – there really are no two alike! From full-blown custom to bone stock and everything in between – they’re all great bikes. They’re all our own vision of what a motorcycle should be. Congratulations to us all!
My ride started out as a 2010 Road Glide Custom and I promised myself that after decorating my previous Road King with assorted chrome bits that “this time I wouldn’t do anything to it.” In a moment of weakness however, after completing my annual ride from Toronto to Los Angeles, I couldn’t resist the call to make it my own. Of course the difficulty with any custom project was figuring out how far to go. My goal with this bike was to be true to its’ roots – it’s a touring bike after all and while I was tempted to create something truly outrageous, I still wanted to be able to ride it coast to coast. I was fortunate to find in Jim Hisey of JH Customs an artisan who was as understanding as he was capable. He is responsible for all the fabrication and paint as well as the occasional good idea (lol)! Together we were able to find the right balance and I am quite happy with the results.
Be sure to wave if you see me on the road this summer.
Technical details (the major ones anyway)
Motor
103” Big Bore kit; ported and polished heads; Andrews cams; Screaming Eagle Race Tuner; Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather; ceramic coated and wrapped 2 into 1 pipe (JH Customs)
Chassis and wheels
Neck stretched 1” and raked 7 degrees (JH Customs); HHI raked 7 degrees triple trees; Arlen Ness lowers; Classic Black 23” front and 17” rear wheels, pulley, rotors (SMT Machining)
Suspension
Progressive lowering springs (front); Legends Air Ride (rear)
Bodywork and paint
Front fender, rear fender and gas tank fabrication (JH Customs); Paint PPG “Vanilla Shake” (JH Customs)
Accessories
I’d rather not say (my wife has learned about this forum – you guys will understand)
For pictures of the complete build you can contact me at [email protected] I’d be happy to send them to you.
And the pics

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a couple more pics.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Well deserved on a SICK lookin ride. The best part of the whole build IMHO, you ride it. That says a lot... Again, congrats on a true work of art.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Congratulations on a well deserved win! Beautiful!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Congratulations, beautiful bike. I will admit I voted for the bike with the side car because it was different, and this was my second choice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
...... dam Easy, you really look good in them boots ! ...... :eek: ... aren't they a tad hard to shift with though ?

........ nice bike, buddy !

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,055 Posts
Great looking scoot. The tank is kick-ass. Your bike is a refreshing reminder that if planned properly, sometimes less is more. I appreciate that you have a full custom looker, but didn't spray a $10k paint job or use stretched bags and fender and all the usual trappings. A true achievement to end up with a bike that's so good looking and yet retains it's full functionality. That's very desireable in my book.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Love the white, love the tank...TOP notch. Congrats

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.