Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
wow great timing! just hit 1000 mile and was debateing whether i should bring to the first fluid change or go to my independent guy! 370 bucks was the qoute from the dealer! guess i'm going to my independent guy!! thanx:D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
good to know. thanks theadmin.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Thats great to know. I just wish I saw it months ago before my 1000 mile service. I did it myself but the worrying wouldn't have been there...lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Brilliant! And right from the FTC nonetheless. Nice find...

·
Registered
172 Posts
i was at my local steeler buying a few things at a event sale, asked what tuners they offered (dumb question i know) and was promptly told anything but SE voids the warranty, asked the tech to bring his manager over for confirmation yep he said anything else voids the warranty..lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm going to print a copy and keep in my bike. The dealers really like to throw that "it'll void the warranty" thing around and if I read this right they can't even just say that on a whim. Great find and thanks for sharing Theadmin!

After reading it again I guess they can say it but they got to prove it caused the problem. Still great info to have available.

·
Registered
440 Posts
link works now !

Just clicked on the link to the Federal Trade Commision and the page came up. I printed a copy for my records.
Great info as always !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the post, I have worried about this. Independents will be getting my business now for sure.

·
Registered
349 Posts
if u do your maintance with someone privately or a independent shop make sure to keep ur proof of purchase and or work done...i work for a dealer and they will try and pull a fast one if they didnt get ur bussiness for that kinda stuff..i work for a car dealer tho so its kinda different but still just a heads up...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Not trying to give any one a hassle, but you guys seriously did not know that???????? :confused:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Not trying to give any one a hassle, but you guys seriously did not know that???????? :confused:
The law is a funny thing. I didnt know. Some of us(me icluded) first Harley. Hell this this is my first bike. I'm gratefull I found this forum to set me straight on warranty.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You and did I mention Thank You. This forum and its members are A Number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I used to have a problem with the local dealer awhile back....then the mention of the act and a lawyer changed their tune really quick. Now, they don't bat an eye for anything. I don't beat on my bike, so when something goes south I don't want to hear " Your crank case is shot and not coverd cause your mirrors aren't HD, and that caused the problem" bullshit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts