Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice work, Lu. Fail to see a reference to anything Nazi related. Then again I choose not to be offended.

Thx 4 sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I like the design with the exception of the year. Dates on shirts reminds me and everyone how long I keep the shirts I like, then I appear as an older greaser. lol.

I should add - receiving contact from Verticalscope Admin can be painful the last year; often taking months for reply. Perhaps a site Admin here can approve the post for now until you hear from the higher-ups
Funny. I purposely buy new shirts with dates from the 60s and 70s. I didn't know that would make it look like I'm an old greaser! LOL! Some even come with the graphics pre-worn to look authentic. I just bought because I liked them.

I was in a truck stop in OK one time and they had these replica concert T-shirts from 1970s rock concerts. My original concert shirts are long gone and wouldn't fit anyway so I thought these were cool and bought what I liked from the selection.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Yeah, that's great.

And for those who don't know me, I'm not an easily-offended snowflake. But I have friends and family who either lost people in the camps or helped liberate them. I have zero shame having a zero-tolerance policy for Nazi stuff.
Historically, Nazi helmets were brought home and worn as a badge of honor for defeating the enemy. That is how I see a German themed helmet when I see one. People always seem to morph the original meaning of things.

If those that now wear them are celebrating the Nazi party, then yes they should not be on a T-shirt, but if the snowflakes are the ones that changed the meaning, then F them.

I can't even appreciate a rainbow in the sky anymore because it was appropriated to represent hatred against white Christians, but I'm not allowed to be offended.

·
Registered
171 Posts
From a distance......fighting about the helmet a fish would wear....this looks a bit weird.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
From a distance......fighting about the helmet a fish would wear....this looks a bit weird.
No one's fighting.

I brought up the fact that Nazi memorabilia might not be the best thing to put on a shirt. There apparently are those who are okay with Nazi memorabilia on their shirts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Out of curiosity on the year part, doesn't bother me either way, but what would people think about a date range? When did Harley first produce the RG, so maybe something like....
1973-2021
Still Going Strong

Just an idea throwing out there
I think having the year of when the Road Glide came out and "Established 19XX" would be cool.

·
Registered
171 Posts
No one's fighting.

I brought up the fact that Nazi memorabilia might not be the best thing to put on a shirt. There apparently are those who are okay with Nazi memorabilia on their shirts.
A poor and impulsive choice of a word on my part.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I think having the year of when the Road Glide came out and "Established 19XX" would be cool.
First Road Glide appeared in 1998, but the revered predecessor the Tour Glide hit the scene in 1979.

Here’s a historical thread started years ago that had a great overview. It doesn’t reflect the 2014 absence from the HD lineup and the subsequent Rushmore line begun in 2015.

RG History

Reactions: DanHappy and Zedbra

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
not sure I can get over the piston rods, but i like the overall idea.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like the idea and overall design. I think I'd like it better if the pistons/rods were replaced with a v-twin engine. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but you asked! :)

Overall though, it's a great design!

·
Vendor
11 Posts
I like it....wouldn’t mind having the shark in a sticker that I put on my bike
Just became a vendor member. Stickers are available and can be ordered using the link below. Any ?s, just ask.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Luv it Lu, any chance putting my chrome 21's sticking out of his chest? Booyah!
IMG_20190205_164535.jpg

Reactions: Oclaf
41 - 60 of 96 Posts