Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home yesterday from a short 4 day trip to the Smokies with the fam. The wife and I discussed the possibility of taking the RGU but opted not too because we wanted to have quality family time. I still think it was a good choice, only one kid still lives at home and went with us, the other two couldn't due to work (cheaper for me, but did miss them). Anyway, lots of bikes in the Gatlinburg/Cherokee/Sevierville area. Weather was great, hot but great. I sure missed being able to ride those great roads down there, was doing good until I got home and the garage door opened and there she sat. I kind of feel like I cheated on her or something. I know I'm weird feeling that way, but am I alone in my weirdness or do other people have similar experiences?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
getting ready to ride from Michigan to DC to attend a buddy's retirement from the the army. I couldn't even conceive driving, but the wife asked why we had to take the bike! well, duh, why waste all those roads and quality time in the saddle? I know I would feel cheated if I couldn't ride the glide!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Enjoy any chance you can get to ride. That ride you passed on may not come again.
I now find myself suddenly with 4 grandkids to care for, and after being retired for the last 3 years, it ain't easy.
I haven't rode at all and don't know if, or when I can.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I can tell you she is really really mad at you, leaving her home with all those awesome roads down there......Hmm Hmmm Hmmm....she is definitely going to give you crappy gas mileage on the next trip. :-}

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Family always comes first with me. That's why I have not been able to attend shark week. With that said, a few times we have been on a family vacation and the urge hits me to ride I locate the closest HD dealer and rent a bike for the day.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I feel that way almost daily. I have to drive my truck to work because I can't run service calls and haul network equipment around on my bike. I miss riding every day.

My wife and I have only been together for 6-years, so she has never known me to be anything but a biker. She has asked before why every vacation is a motorcycle vacation. The answer is: DUH.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel that way almost daily. I have to drive my truck to work because I can't run service calls and haul network equipment around on my bike. I miss riding every day.

My wife and I have only been together for 6-years, so she has never known me to be anything but a biker. She has asked before why every vacation is a motorcycle vacation. The answer is: DUH.
I feel ya. The whole time we were in the smokies we were planning our next trip on the bike there. I took my old bike (96 EGC) down there twice and enjoyed every minute even with rain almost the whole time. While we were driving through the park and to Cherokee we talked about how much fun it was the last time we were there on the bike. The youngest is 16 and driving now. If he gets his shit together at school next year i will be buying him his first bike next spring. The oldest (20, almost 21) has been riding since he was 16. He traded the cruiser we bought him for a crotch rocket a couple years ago but is starting to make noise about switching back to a cruiser (his girlfriend is helping, I had to rescue her last summer when they took a trip on the sport bike to Gatlinburg and she was miserable on the way home). I met them East of Louisville and she rode with me the last 150 or so miles home, kept flipping Ty and his buddy off behind me. Ever since she wants him to get a comfortable bike. I will be buying a trailer next spring and looking forward to some quality family time towing the bikes. The girl (19, almost 20), doesn't hang out with us much anymore and isn't interested in family vacations. Don't know if I would feel comfortable with her riding anyway, she isn't the best driver in the world. Maybe someday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts