Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give ya'll a shout and let ya know that if your travels ever bring you through Albuquerque New Mexico, you will all have a place to stay at my place. I live right off the I-40 on the west side so it is convenient. Always a warm meal and if you're a Marine, plenty of whiskey and cigars.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems we had a list of peeps willing to do this several years ago , or maybe that was roadside assistance , great idea either way , no spare room here , but we can prolly feed ya if we are in ..

Retired Navy , so when I come thru the ABQ , you can shine my boots for me ..
Right on, but I think you have that the other way around about the boots! lol >:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Awesome offer, rock...I'm hoping to do 4corners soon...I was USAF 74-80...chloropham shoes lol...no polish needed from either one of yaz! :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know a bunch of you are going to SW VI in Canada. I live in Watertown, NY, literally 2 mins from I-81. If any of ya'll are using I-81 to get into Canada (or any trip for that matter) and need help or assistance...let me know. I've got a flat bed trailer, garage and spare bedroom. Offer stands for whomever may need it.

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
Awesome offer, rock...I'm hoping to do 4corners soon...I was USAF 74-80...chloropham shoes lol...no polish needed from either one of yaz! :D

yawl never did anything to get yer shoes dirty , must be nice to go home every night during war games ..

corofam was polished with shave cream or furniture polish ..

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I know a bunch of you are going to SW VI in Canada. I live in Watertown, NY, literally 2 mins from I-81. If any of ya'll are using I-81 to get into Canada (or any trip for that matter) and need help or assistance...let me know. I've got a flat bed trailer, garage and spare bedroom. Offer stands for whomever may need it.
Man, after Shark Week VI, Elaine and I are headed east thru Canada ending up in Nova Scotia. Then to Maine and work our way down. Probably go to Niagra Falls so would be coming close to you. I'll pm you my number so I can reach out to you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
yawl never did anything to get yer shoes dirty , must be nice to go home every night during war games ..

corofam was polished with shave cream or furniture polish ..
I didn't know the navy or air force even had boots.....and I definitely don't remember seeing any of them that had a good shine on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Back when I was a BMW owner they had (maybe still do) a membership book they would send you with different needs like places to work on bike or place to stay, etc.....One neat feature indeed. On one of my many mid-life crisis(s) I did a 6 week motorcycle trip from Illinois to the Pacific Coast. One of the best experiences I ever had. Needed to do some soul searching and find myself....I did. Anyway, I took advantage of the owners group and stayed at a few places with fellow BMW owners...I always said I would "pay it back" I relocated to NW Wyoming at the base of the Bighorn mountains and can be on the Chief Joseph highway in an hour the Beartooth highway in a little over an hour and yellowstone in a 90 minutes....So I will offer what has been given to me...you're always welcome!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back when I was a BMW owner they had (maybe still do) a membership book they would send you with different needs like places to work on bike or place to stay, etc.....One neat feature indeed. On one of my many mid-life crisis(s) I did a 6 week motorcycle trip from Illinois to the Pacific Coast. One of the best experiences I ever had. Needed to do some soul searching and find myself....I did. Anyway, I took advantage of the owners group and stayed at a few places with fellow BMW owners...I always said I would "pay it back" I relocated to NW Wyoming at the base of the Bighorn mountains and can be on the Chief Joseph highway in an hour the Beartooth highway in a little over an hour and yellowstone in a 90 minutes....So I will offer what has been given to me...you're always welcome!
I may take you up on that! I have been wanting to ride through Montana, Idaho, Washington and Oregon. Those are 4 of the 13 states left for me to visit. It would be an 8 state round trip. And with vacation time being a premium, may take a bit more time to be ready to roll out that way. Thanks for offering up assistance brother!

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
If you guys end up by me..........destroy your GPS..........unless you like stop n go traffic and the reverse tail of the dragon.......11 turns in 318 miles.

Great concept here - You guys truly are a great bunch

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are ever headed toward Canada or coming from Canada, I am in North Central WA right on State Hwy 97 about 30 miles from the Canadian border. Have a place to pitch a tent, shower, & laundry in my independent motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If you are ever headed toward Canada or coming from Canada, I am in North Central WA right on State Hwy 97 about 30 miles from the Canadian border. Have a place to pitch a tent, shower, & laundry in my independent motorcycle shop.
Myself and some of the RG fellas are going to have to stop in this summer just to say howdy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts