Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I got the Glide a little ass candy that I have been thinking about for a while now.

Out and about riding........stop in at a Dealer to use the head and get a bottle of water (love that about HD Shops) and see a bike that is so far away from my style that I actually like it...........and then I begin thinking of a trade in..........and I had to get out of there as the pros vs cons list was longer in the Con Part for getting rid of the glide but DAMN for some reason I kept coming back to look at it........about 6 times

Pictures do this bike NO justice .......it is bad ass

2016 Harley-Davidson® FLSTN - Softail® Deluxe Stock: H12609 | Woodstock Harley-Davidson®

So after feeling bad about even THINKING of cutting my RG loose, I rode to MY dealer and got her somethin pretty.........and somewhat functional I guess but always wanted a rear rack and this think is a dead on fit and form to the rear fender - Not a ton of space but damn I like the looks.....and it was 25% off soooooooo, why not

Attachments

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you mention CVO..........at my dealer getting the Rack and chatting with my Sales guy asking about the (2) RGU CVOs he had out front and his exact words.........."Hold off on CVO until 2017......hearing some good things coming about a 117 and our guy is always spot on".........then he said "When did you get $40K that the old lady does not know about Fucker?" - Gotta love when your Sales Guy knows you too well

Side bar.......they did move my old Dyna and 883 yesterday and today...........here is where you can add that sad face thing

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are nice. I like them alot. I always get tons of compliments on my "fugly" shark >:)
Hahaha - Truly is the kind of bike you either love or hate and I think we both fall on the love side

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nice addition however, you need to get rid of the purse strap on your seat...LOL.... from one old school motorcrosser to another.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice addition however, you need to get rid of the purse strap on your seat...LOL.... from one old school motorcrosser to another.
Ha - You are 100% correct - I always say "I need to take that off" - I was out i the garage last night putting on the new Memphis Shade Screen........and should have done it then - I'll cut that sum bitch off tomorrow before I ride

Total thread jack.......of my own thread - RacerX had an article yesterday on (20) Years Ago at Red-Bud - All in Black & White and even though MY heroes are Hannah and RJ and that era.......it was cool to see old picks of MC, Fro, Denny Stephenson (always loved that crazy fucker) Damon Bradshaw, etc etc

I miss the 2 smokers ring a ding ding

The List: RedBud 1995 in Photos - Motocross - Racer X Online

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Damn son, when I read the thread title , I thought you were considering suicide or murder. How dare you think of trading in the glide !

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn son, when I read the thread title , I thought you were considering suicide or murder. How dare you think of trading in the glide !
Hangs Head in Shame...............

I am so damn impulsive that if something shinny and new catches my eye........I ride it home - How I have stayed true with the old lady for so long is beyond me (actually not, I know for a fact she could do SOOOOOO much better than me and thank god everyday that she is cool with slumming it with me) but I always want something new - Bikes are bikes to me and they come and go - I will say tho, with where I am at now in life, the Glide fits PERFECTLY for how I ride and what I need it to do

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Ya know far be you from my bike is better.
The purly thought of the inexperience doing improperly!

Figured ya caught, on her hidden cam.

Dreaming dis dressed in the garage, mumbling
Big Sucker...2 into One....on to the next one.

Suppose ya self esteem, never having to get past the used part>:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ha - You are 100% correct - I always say "I need to take that off" - I was out i the garage last night putting on the new Memphis Shade Screen........and should have done it then - I'll cut that sum bitch off tomorrow before I ride

Total thread jack.......of my own thread - RacerX had an article yesterday on (20) Years Ago at Red-Bud - All in Black & White and even though MY heroes are Hannah and RJ and that era.......it was cool to see old picks of MC, Fro, Denny Stephenson (always loved that crazy fucker) Damon Bradshaw, etc etc

I miss the 2 smokers ring a ding ding

The List: RedBud 1995 in Photos - Motocross - Racer X Online
Marty Smith was my first hero and then went to Hurricane Hannah and up through the year. My favorite rider in the AMA Supercross is Ken Roczen, that dude has no remorse and taken Suzuki to a new high even though I have never had a passion for Suzuki's.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Marty Smith was my first hero and then went to Hurricane Hannah and up through the year. My favorite rider in the AMA Supercross is Ken Roczen, that dude has no remorse and taken Suzuki to a new high even though I have never had a passion for Suzuki's.
Rumored he is going to Honda next year for big bucks - Speaking of Zuks, liked him well before he was the champ but I love Dungey - What sold me on him was back in his 250 outdoors days ('09 I think?) when the team could not get his bike started and he missed the gate drop......it was raining and he was down by a lap and the fucker fought back.......lapped everyone and I think finished like 4th that race.....and won the title that year - After that, i was a fan - I read up on him that he basically stalked Decoster to get Zuk to sign him because he was smart enough to chase the best - Then when Zuk fucked up and let Decoster go, Dungey followed him to Katoom and put them back on the map see in the US - 2nd would have to be Tomac - That kid is just Heart Hustle and Muscle and when he gets that kawi dialed in......look out.

I grew up a Ricky "Bad Boy" Johnson Fan - God I loved him

Oh and I went out and removed the purse strap and brackets too - Thx for the nudge

I could talk MX and SX cllllllllll day long - And I love this Dungey Clip - I was wrong,7th, not 4th - That is his Mom his is ranting to.......then.........BYE!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SQ-bWS428

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice addition however, you need to get rid of the purse strap on your seat....
Done - And added the 6.5 Memphis Shade today - Love it - At 5'11 on a stock seat, the wind is barely on the top of my head at 85mph - Can hear my stock shit music box now much better as well

Attachments

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
He probably got that purse strap off his girls bike . :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He probably got that purse strap off his girls bike . :)
Hahahaha - I actually had to look at a pic to see if the chick scoot had one on it............DAMN IT..............it does

I'll get that shit off tomorrow too - Can't have my new handbags tied down........my makeup might fall out

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why I think it's quite fitting for Eddie, he can tuck the sleeves of the sweater he wears around his waist into the strap
Ummm, Dad...........that sweater was a gift and I LOVE it - You know I have a thing for Yellow Duckies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts