Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am sure I have probably overlooked the answer somewhere but going to ask this anyway. My bike has the light on the front fender and it has quit working. I have changed the bulb and taken the mount off to try to figure out how to fix it but can't figure this one out. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What year are we talking about and, just out of curiosity, where do you live? I see that I'm not close to you but there may be another mechanic near you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whitey And reds4, it is a 2003 and the front fender light is a stock option as far as I know. I bought it used from original owner and was on the bike when purchased. It worked when I got it but has since quit. When I took it off the wires don't lead to anywhere. If I get some time and it warms up some will take it off again and post pics of it to see if that helps.
My bike is in a shed outside and just not warm enough to wrench on just yet.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Whitey And reds4, it is a 2003 and the front fender light is a stock option as far as I know. I bought it used from original owner and was on the bike when purchased. It worked when I got it but has since quit. When I took it off the wires don't lead to anywhere. If I get some time and it warms up some will take it off again and post pics of it to see if that helps.
My bike is in a shed outside and just not warm enough to wrench on just yet.
Are You saying the wires are not following the fork up into the fairing? Like they've been rubbed through by the tire?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whitey, I can't even find a spot where they go through the fender at. I must be overlooking something. I will have to get a hold of a manual and see if I can see where the wires are supposed to run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was never hooked up
My 03' didn't come with a fender tip light don't think any of them did Reds4 nailed it.

Steve

·
Registered
927 Posts
My 03' didn't come with a fender tip light don't think any of them did Reds4 nailed it.
Steve
Must have been added later, since he stated it worked when he got it, he pulled a bulb out of it, and there are wires.

I have the same question as MightyWhitey. What does "wires lead to nowhere" mean? Can you see the bare ends of the wire, as if they've been cut, and/or just dangling, or do they lead somewhere you're not able to follow without taking it apart?

If the light was added later, a wiring diagram might or might not help since it's not original to the bike, unless it was done by the dealer who just mimicked the way it's wired on bikes that came with them. As Slimboybinz said, throw a multimeter at it, or try one of those cheapo automotive test lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must have been added later, since he stated it worked when he got it, he pulled a bulb out of it, and there are wires.

I have the same question as MightyWhitey. What does "wires lead to nowhere" mean? Can you see the bare ends of the wire, as if they've been cut, and/or just dangling, or do they lead somewhere you're not able to follow without taking it apart?

If the light was added later, a wiring diagram might or might not help since it's not original to the bike, unless it was done by the dealer who just mimicked the way it's wired on bikes that came with them. As Slimboybinz said, throw a multimeter at it, or try one of those cheapo automotive test lights.
I have not had it apart for awhile as the weather is not cooperating so I don't remember exactly how it looked. I do appreciate all the help on this minor issue and will post what I find once I get off my lazy a** and look at it again and try a little harder to follow where the wires should be.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wireless

Seeing that it is/was an accessory its probably like most phones; wireless. And once the weather improves and you get to look at it, and the clouds clear to give better reception, and in the right light, and at the right angle it will be bright again.
I to am putting one of those on order; but it's just to cover up the rust hole from the salt and brine on the roads here in the north. That's what winter beaters are for; winter riding, and I'm looking for a good deal on snow tires; pm me if you have some.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Seeing that it is/was an accessory its probably like most phones; wireless. And once the weather improves and you get to look at it, and the clouds clear to give better reception, and in the right light, and at the right angle it will be bright again.
I to am putting one of those on order; but it's just to cover up the rust hole from the salt and brine on the roads here in the north. That's what winter beaters are for; winter riding, and I'm looking for a good deal on snow tires; pm me if you have some.
Surely you have to be joking.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
As Seen on TV,
Sht just saying other day
"Look baby be as it may as
We find our way
sunshine thru and your lips make
my day
Though the lighted fender tip
will never replace your excited ways"

Deer wilsitles, ?

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a front fender light off of my 07 Glide if somebody actually needed to plug up a rust hole! Hahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts