Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it? What were you on previous and how does it compare in your opinion?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Larry my friend (and my salesman) said I'm going to be shocked at the difference.

My 103 is only a stage 1 with the FP3.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My 103 is only a stage 1 with the FP3.
That's what mine was, but it was a 2012, so there was a lot of differences. The M8 114 pulls way harder, runs way smother, and makes less weird noises. I'm not even sure I'm gonna put an exhaust on this bike. Right now it's staying stock at least for the first two years.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what mine was, but it was a 2012, so there was a lot of differences. The M8 114 pulls way harder, runs way smother, and makes less weird noises. I'm not even sure I'm gonna put an exhaust on this bike. Right now it's staying stock at least for the first two years.
I ordered the Cobra 909s for it

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
96 Twin Cam previously. Huuuuuuge increase in torque with much less shakey shakey. ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I traded my 2009 RG with a Dave Mackie kit (96 to 103) including head work and it dynoed at 110 hp and tq. The new 107 was down a bit stock, but the 114 kit really perked it up. Have not had it dynoed but am guessing 115 HP and tq. Maybe more. Using a SEPST for tuning.

BG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Former 2012 Ultra 103 stage 1, former Yamaha SVTC. Now RG Ultra Stage 2 torque cam, American Custom Header and exhaust, Harley Auto tuner. Big smiles every time I twist the throttle and way less heat than previous two bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Huge difference in HP and Tq but I also did the stg IV and man what a huge difference it made.
130/130 on the Dyno almost thinking about the 124 with the SE heads and and injectors and see what it will pull.
JMO get a fat Tq cam and not so much HP should pull mid 140s

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I seriously could not tell any difference between a 18TRU with a 107, and a 19TRU with a 114. Its like 8 pounds ft of toque.
I went from an 18' Fat Bob with a 114" w/Tq cam to a stock 18' RGS 107". Yes I could tell there was a difference but it really wasn't earth shattering and I wasn't at all disappointed in the RG. I have since added the Hp cam to the RG and it feels fine. Should be even better when I finally decide to put a real tuner on the bike. Even with the HD cam. I will probably go to a bigger cam and gear drive at that point though if my runout will allow it. It was .002 on the pinion side when I did the cam swap but I will check both sides for the total before I order any cam. I'm really leaning towards just keeping this thing a 107".

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I went from an 18' Fat Bob with a 114" w/Tq cam to a stock 18' RGS 107". Yes I could tell there was a difference but it really wasn't earth shattering and I wasn't at all disappointed in the RG. I have since added the Hp cam to the RG and it feels fine. Should be even better when I finally decide to put a real tuner on the bike. Even with the HD cam. I will probably go to a bigger cam and gear drive at that point though if my runout will allow it. It was .002 on the pinion side when I did the cam swap but I will check both sides for the total before I order any cam. I'm really leaning towards just keeping this thing a 107".
Harley cam and tune on the Fat Bob?

Cause I got a stage two parts list that will put some "Wow" into a M8. You would have noticed and been disappointed in the stock 107

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Harley cam and tune on the Fat Bob?

Cause I got a stage two parts list that will put some "Wow" into a M8. You would have noticed and been disappointed in the stock 107

Yes it was the HD cam and tuned with the street tuner. You mind sharing your parts list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
‘15 RGS with stage 1, happy with that. But stock 114 torque is what it should be everyday just which I could make it sound like the twin cam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a 2014 FLHTK "High Output" 103, switched to a 2019 FLTRU with the 114...unbelievable difference! The torque curve is different, it pulls like a freight train. Both bikes, stock comparison. On my 2014, I tuned it, pipes, breather, etc... The stock 114 would leave it in the dust. PLUS...with the counter balancer, the bike doesn't shake itself apart sitting at a red light. I love the M8 motors. Going to put the SE mufflers, street tuner, and breather on this one...haven't got around to it yet but...haven't really felt like I needed to either. :D

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
My CVO had a GREAT sound to it with the CAM, Reinfarts and stock head pipe.......the S&S Cans on the Heritage are breaking in nicely too and the sound is getting better and better......I've found with the M8s, the CAM makes all the difference regarding sound

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm at 440 miles now. Mot where I want to be. But I'm off next 3 days. I'll need a service before I go to Gettysburg. just put the stage 1 map in it. Cobra 909s and the Ventilator air cleaner. That all that is happening for 2 years. I'm ok with that. As I settle in to having to have this trike I am starting to pay attention to how it runs and pulls. I know I'm dumping the piss tranny oil out today. Within 400 miles it clunks like my twin cam. And neutral is a bit of work to get. But I like the roll on power of the 114. I'm not dropping a gear like on the RGS.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting comfortable on the new scoot john, good looking unit. How do the new slip ons sound, any sound clips yet?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts