Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Glad to hear you are getting comfortable on the new scoot john, good looking unit. How do the new slip ons sound, any sound clips yet?
Thanks Matt. It's getting to where I like it. It's already the only one like it around here. Found out the mounting holes for the RG fairing are in the frame. I'm going to tool around like this for the summer and start collecting parts off ebay. Maybe. I may just grow used to this. I'm still at the point I'm glad I wear a full face helmet. The mind is a fucked up thing. Lol.

I'll get a sound clip tonight. At Harley now picking up my bumper and windshield. and some Bel-Ray.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Traded my stage 2 103” for this 114” last week. They had all the 19’s discounted 3k this one included and this one had the bars and fat tire kit already. 114 feels maybe a little torquier than my 103” (with SE550 cam) did but not quite as quick. MUCH smoother though. It’s getting stage 3 with auto tune next week though. Very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@madmat

Put the bumper and my windshield on. new windshield bag too.

Matt. Here is the sound clip. I'm actually happier that I thought. It sounds great. I can hear it still with music playing in my helmet. Thank God I bought that used Sena S20. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went from a 2012 103 RGU with stage 2 to the 2019 114 RGU with stage 2 ( torque cam) major power increase. I installed slip on V&H, this was a mistake i would recommend installing a completly new system eliminating the Cat.
Cat gets extremely hot , if you ride alone all good if you ride with a passenger it will become an issue.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
@madmat

Put the bumper and my windshield on. new windshield bag too.

Matt. Here is the sound clip. I'm actually happier that I thought. It sounds great. I can hear it still with music playing in my helmet. Thank God I bought that used Sena S20. Lol.

https://youtu.be/OLJDDmxVbTM
Your Three Wheeler sounds Awesome John.
Brings back memories of the potato, potato, potato, sound from the good old days of Harley's.
Mike U.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bought my 19 RGS at the end of June.
Drove it a day before ordering a stage 4 kit.
Stage 4 with street tuner had a dead spot off the line, it’s better with the smart tuner pro on it now. I’ve got 4000miles on it now. Runs pretty good, but need to do some dyno tuning on it I think to get it dialed in.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Traded in my 2011 RGU with Kury cams, Crusher exhaust and AC - dyno'd at 102 HP & 108 Lbs torque. Got a 19 RGU and added High Flow AC along with HP cams - left the stock exhaust in place. Dyno at 101 HP and 113 Lbs Torque. The 11 was more nimble but I would occasionally get a wobble in high speed sweeping turns and the stock seat was more comfortable for me. It also ran so frigg'in hot (no cat) that it wasn't fun in the summer time in town. The 19 is steadier but I feel more engine vibration than the 11. It pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. Engine is quieter ( not talking about he exhaust but the engine noise) and it's way cooler (as you would expect) I do have to work to scrape the floor boards and the reach to fairing controls is easier for my short arms. Of course with everything being controllable from the handlebars the reach is moot. In my opinion - the 19 RGU is THE Touring bike. It has everything that I had added to the 11. I learned a lot on the 11 (spent a lot too) Other than the Screaming Eagle stuff, a Boom stereo upgrade, Bright Ass Light and a drink holder - nothing more needs to be added.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Traded in my 2011 RGU with Kury cams, Crusher exhaust and AC - dyno'd at 102 HP & 108 Lbs torque. Got a 19 RGU and added High Flow AC along with HP cams - left the stock exhaust in place. Dyno at 101 HP and 113 Lbs Torque. The 11 was more nimble but I would occasionally get a wobble in high speed sweeping turns and the stock seat was more comfortable for me. It also ran so frigg'in hot (no cat) that it wasn't fun in the summer time in town. The 19 is steadier but I feel more engine vibration than the 11. It pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. Engine is quieter ( not talking about he exhaust but the engine noise) and it's way cooler (as you would expect) I do have to work to scrape the floor boards and the reach to fairing controls is easier for my short arms. Of course with everything being controllable from the handlebars the reach is moot. In my opinion - the 19 RGU is THE Touring bike. It has everything that I had added to the 11. I learned a lot on the 11 (spent a lot too) Other than the Screaming Eagle stuff, a Boom stereo upgrade, Bright Ass Light and a drink holder - nothing more needs to be added.

Very similar situation. My 2015 had full stage 2, power vision dyno tune, 90HP and 110TQ. Spent a ton on good things and bad things (motorcycle audio is a pain in the ass) and loved it. I randomly ran across my new bike on the floor at the dealer where it already at the bars and wheel I always wanted but never pulled trigger on. So had them add stage 3 117” and add a bunch of small things and all made it onto my extended warranty. Moved my Chinese razor pack, mustang 2 piece seat and windshield to my new one. New one made 113HP and 118TQ last week. It’s a rocket ship, it’s my favorite possession I’ve ever owned lol

IMG_0154.JPG

·
Registered
308 Posts
Seat

Very similar situation. My 2015 had full stage 2, power vision dyno tune, 90HP and 110TQ. Spent a ton on good things and bad things (motorcycle audio is a pain in the ass) and loved it. I randomly ran across my new bike on the floor at the dealer where it already at the bars and wheel I always wanted but never pulled trigger on. So had them add stage 3 117” and add a bunch of small things and all made it onto my extended warranty. Moved my Chinese razor pack, mustang 2 piece seat and windshield to my new one. New one made 113HP and 118TQ last week. It’s a rocket ship, it’s my favorite possession I’ve ever owned lol

View attachment 387839

Bike looks killer and I'm sure runs great, may I ask what Mustang seat you're sporting? Thanks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Few hours out. Guys with the 114" M8 ?

Bike looks killer and I'm sure runs great, may I ask what Mustang seat you're sporting? Thanks...

I’m not sure to be honest. I got it at a motorcycle expo used here in Denver a few years back. Was cool that I could move it from my old bike. I like that it removes for a clean solo look

Adjustments.JPG

·
Registered
308 Posts
I’m not sure to be honest. I got it at a motorcycle expo used here in Denver a few years back. Was cool that I could move it from my old bike. I like that it removes for a clean solo look

View attachment 387895

Thanks, I have the Super Touring that looks nearly identical, looks good on the bike with or without pillion, bike looks insane!!!>:)

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Traded my stage 2 103” for this 114” last week. They had all the 19’s discounted 3k this one included and this one had the bars and fat tire kit already. 114 feels maybe a little torquier than my 103” (with SE550 cam) did but not quite as quick. MUCH smoother though. It’s getting stage 3 with auto tune next week though. Very happy

Man that is one beauty of a bike right there.

That fat ass tire up front looks killer.

Swomack

21 - 40 of 53 Posts