Road Glide banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Went from a '17 with a 107ci and slip ons to the '19 with a 114ci. So far I honestly have a hard time telling much difference.
Daren at Shefer's tuned my 114 only has slips and decatted pipe a/c stock cam using PV tuner pulled 120 tq and 90 hp fuel mileage is outstanding. Not too shabby for stock bike.
He did my 107 with the cr460 cam and slips decatted did 115 tq 105 hp . So I have to say the 114 is pretty strong without a cam. I've seen sheets on 114 that had cam put in and only pulled 5-6 more tq but hp gained the most. I don't ride that high up the rpm ban

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 114” at the time (it’s a 117” stage 3 now) felt almost as good as my old 2015 103” tuned stage 2 bike did. That bike did 90/110 up here in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Daren at Shefer's tuned my 114 only has slips and decatted pipe a/c stock cam using PV tuner pulled 120 tq and 90 hp fuel mileage is outstanding. Not too shabby for stock bike.
He did my 107 with the cr460 cam and slips decatted did 115 tq 105 hp . So I have to say the 114 is pretty strong without a cam. I've seen sheets on 114 that had cam put in and only pulled 5-6 more tq but hp gained the most. I don't ride that high up the rpm ban
Those are impressive TQ numbers! The 114 -> 117 Stage IV kit on Harley’s website https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/milwaukee-eight-engine-stave-iv-kit-pa-18-92500064--1 doesn’t show that kind of torque with the bigger jugs, ported/polished heads, bigger Throttle Body and injectors. The dyno chart on their site shows stock TQ of about 110 jumping to about 115 with the Stage IV kit; and stock HP of 90 making the bigger jump to about 125.

Very solid that you were able to pull 10lbs of TQ without a cam or any other top end mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
just came into a windfall inheritance i wasn't expecting my 06 ram mega cab has 140.000 mi. my 11 rgu with the 103 has 40,000 on it, want the 114. which should i replace first? retired and 66 gettin fat sittin on the couch reading motorcycle blogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2003 88B Softail Standard to 2018 114 Breakout was huge, obviously. Then added SE Stage II (torque) to Breakout. Quite noticeable performance improvement. Woke-up the M8. Now I moved to a 2020 RGL w/M8 114, initially thinking the added weight would make it feel slow, but with this torquey motor I'm very pleased with stock performance. I'm going to do SE Stage II (torque) again under warranty since I was happy with that decision on the Softail. It'll be done at the 1,000-mile checkup. Almost there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Traded in a 110 16 CVO RGU to a 20 RGL zero regrets. Even wife says the ride between the two isn’t even close. Only have 900 miles on it ( not bad buying in Ohio in December) simply love it. Was thinking of cam and 2 >1 exhaust originally but went with a used set of Reinhardt’s moto pros and just going to enjoy it. You did the stage one map yourself, I would be interested in that and a air cleaner. Do you ride the trike or the special I thought the trike was the wife’s.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Traded in a 110 16 CVO RGU to a 20 RGL zero regrets. Even wife says the ride between the two isn’t even close. Only have 900 miles on it ( not bad buying in Ohio in December) simply love it. Was thinking of cam and 2 >1 exhaust originally but went with a used set of Reinhardt’s moto pros and just going to enjoy it. You did the stage one map yourself, I would be interested in that and a air cleaner. Do you ride the trike or the special I thought the trike was the wife’s.
This post was when my Doctors told me to sell my bike (16 RGS) and get on 3 wheels. I made this back then. Within 3 months a lot changed, and my defibrillator was removed. The doctor that gave me bad info on the initial report survived my rage and didnt even know what I did to him in my head. I took the wifes 2015 Freewheeler and traded that in on my 19 RGS and gave her the 19 Freewheeler. So in 3 months time I went from my beautiful 16 RGS with a ton on it to the 19 Freewheeler which if you go to the Trike forum you'll see all that I did to that. To the 19 RGS. I love my 19. But miss my 16.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
This post was when my Doctors told me to sell my bike (16 RGS) and get on 3 wheels. I made this back then. Within 3 months a lot changed, and my defibrillator was removed. The doctor that gave me bad info on the initial report survived my rage and didnt even know what I did to him in my head. I took the wifes 2015 Freewheeler and traded that in on my 19 RGS and gave her the 19 Freewheeler. So in 3 months time I went from my beautiful 16 RGS with a ton on it to the 19 Freewheeler which if you go to the Trike forum you'll see all that I did to that. To the 19 RGS. I love my 19. But miss my 16.

I guess you have to be glad he was wrong, your new bike is beautiful and I am sure your wife is very happy with your health and trike!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a 1000 miles on this 114 now, and compared to the 107 it replaced, its a better running motor. Better torque to be sure. But with that said, its also a little less smooth and it a little more rattley. Neither issue is bad enough to warrant a repair, but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I guess you have to be glad he was wrong, your new bike is beautiful and I am sure your wife is very happy with your health and trike!!
Absolutely to all that. We have to hook up for a ride or 2 this summer. Maybe ride with me.to meet up with OBB and Jack for coffee.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This M8 114 is smooth from take off up to 5000 rpm. This is an amazing beast. Anyone simply open up the intake and add a tuner? Any noticeable performance increase?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts