Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has added exhaust cutouts to fiberglass extended bags that came with no cutouts? I got a good deal on a set of bags but need to add a cutout for my exhaust and never fiberglassed before. Has anyone seen a tutorial floating around on this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks roadhawg. I figured it won't be easy. Luckily I only need to do one side. I figured I would use a piece of PVC pipe for a form to make a patch, then glass the patch into the bag from the inside and fill the outer seam with bondo. It will be mostly hidden since it's on the bottom side of the bag, but I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my bike. That sound like a good plan to start?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks roadhawg. I figured it won't be easy. Luckily I only need to do one side. I figured I would use a piece of PVC pipe for a form to make a patch, then glass the patch into the bag from the inside and fill the outer seam with bondo. It will be mostly hidden since it's on the bottom side of the bag, but I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my bike. That sound like a good plan to start?
Would be easier to just put a turn down on the exhaust and look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the dragula 2-1 and am really happy with it so don't want to make any changes there. I'll have a look for that body filler. Thanks for the input gents!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts