Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained hard last Friday and went north of 62 today for the first time since last September. Hadn't been on the bike in almost 6 months. Main roads got washed off. What aint snow is mud, whats snow is still 2' deep in the woods and the occasional 6' snowbank. All the lakes are froze hard, and the streams are only half open. 63 feels like 83 when you're acclimized to life below 0. So, off comes the cover, starts on the 3rd flop, off we go after a long warm up. . Put on 60 miles for the first ride of the year.

60 miles aint much, but after 6 months, sure puts a smile on your face. :D:D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My first ride since Christmas day. My goat path driveway dried up enough to grade, and off I went. Not much snow left here. Mud is mostly gone. The peepers are out. First day for them. The Mallards are swimming in my field. Same as it ever was.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have relatives up the road from you in the province of New Brunswick so I have heard how bad winter has been. Here in Alberta we had a rather easy 2014/15 winter compared to previous years. We only had 5 days where the overnight low dropped below -30Celcius (-22Fahrenheit).

The temperature hit +18.5C (66F) here on Thursday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same here in Switzerland, Europe. First Day around 19°C and snow still around 1000m, roads around lake of lucerne are fine and together with 20 members of our chapter, we took our first ride-out!!

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have relatives up the road from you in the province of New Brunswick
We got it bad,they had it worse up there. Guess the ocean froze all the way up to Cape Breton. Saw on the news this winter about the Newfie ferry was frozen in part way across, couldnt get to it with the icebreaker for awhile. Guy I work with is from Moncton, Snow meters deep, he said. Better now, been in the 60s with the wind blowing all week, drying up nicely. Only what was the largest snowbanks are left.

Going to try for another ride this weekend, work on my pothole avoidance technique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts