Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking myself into actually buying a ghost pipe I decided to check around for one for the D&D exhaust I'm using. Apparently the price jumped from $350 last year (thats why i didnt buy one then) to over $400 this year. YIKES!. I scoured the world wide web and stumbled across an auction for a used one on fleebay. It worked out really good for me because the auction was going to end about 2 hours after I saw it. I made a couple bids and wound up winning the auction. Its still a little pricey for basically a useless item other than for looks, but the $200 i spent is still much better than the now over $400 price tag for a new one. It's used but looked like it great condition in the pictures so we shall see when it finally arrives. At least now the bike wont look goofy from the back with an empty exhaust cut out anymore. Ok rant over ;)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,130 Posts
That's a great find for you Rob. I would have had to do the same thing. That empty cut out would have driven me crazy if if no one else noticed it! (y)(y)

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Good deal. When I bought my '11 used it already had that setup on it. Got lots of compliments on it. You'll wonder how you lived without it once you have it on there.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
After talking myself into actually buying a ghost pipe I decided to check around for one for the D&D exhaust I'm using. Apparently the price jumped from $350 last year (thats why i didnt buy one then) to over $400 this year. YIKES!. I scoured the world wide web and stumbled across an auction for a used one on fleebay. It worked out really good for me because the auction was going to end about 2 hours after I saw it. I made a couple bids and wound up winning the auction. Its still a little pricey for basically a useless item other than for looks, but the $200 i spent is still much better than the now over $400 price tag for a new one. It's used but looked like it great condition in the pictures so we shall see when it finally arrives. At least now the bike wont look goofy from the back with an empty exhaust cut out anymore. Ok rant over ;)
Congrats on the find Rob!
Keep Us posted on how it all works out for You.
Best of Luck Bro!
Mike U.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Hard to believe they charge that kind of cash for an empty can.

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Expensive but looks bad a.. ! My system was 1700 with everything. It is pricey but it makes big power. I couldn’t go with one pipe. Just doesn’t look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal. When I bought my '11 used it already had that setup on it. Got lots of compliments on it. You'll wonder how you lived without it once you have it on there.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.
I get a lot of compliments with the Boarzilla already but then I get the "wheres the other muffler" question after. I always say it fell off 15 minutes ago lol

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hard to believe they charge that kind of cash for an empty can.
Yeah no shit it's crazy. That's why I didnt buy the hollow can when I bought the already expensive exhaust. I was actually contemplating making my own out of an exhaust stack from a Peter Built truck at my buddy's shop lol

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Expensive but looks bad a.. ! My system was 1700 with everything. It is pricey but it makes big power. I couldn’t go with one pipe. Just doesn’t look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah when I bought the Boarzilla I already spent a shit ton of money on the motor and other bike upgrades from the built motor and just couldn't justify the cost for an empty can just for the look. After a year and a half without it I was kind of getting annoyed with looking at the empty cut out on the left side. I have the cvo bag extensions and it just looked goofy without the space filled. I was finally able to locate the used one for half the price so I jumped on it and fortunately won the auction. I'm sure it will take a week or two to get it delivered but I can wait for it

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Thats great you scored a can to fill up the hole. Iam in the same boat, so to speak.
As I am putting a 2>1 pipe on mine, but there is no-way-in-hell Iam spending 5 bills so it looks good to the bike behind me

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Yeah and +100 for the end cap, That's over 5 bills for a non functioning piece of metal!! That's why I never went with a 2-1 on my bikes.. I'm one of those guys that needs to fill the hole:eek:.. The complete D&D system was on the CVO when I bought it and I will say that D&D is worth the $$$$ Just not my $$$$ LOL!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Reading all this, the way I understand it is, you have a 2 in 1 exhaust set up but in order to make it look balanced you need to add a empty (fake) exhaust to the left side. Is this correct?

·
Registered
9,174 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wanted to throw out an idea for you — I also have the ghost pipe on a DD fat cat and it always bugged me that my left pipe was silver inside and the right one was coated black from carbon. I taped off the back of the bike and edge of the left pipe and rattle canned the inside of the left pipe with flat grill paint. Threw a few coats in there and voila - matching exhaust. Been running it that way for 4 years and looks perfect still. Your exhaust, you get to do whatever you want but wanted to toss out an idea!

·
Registered
102 Posts
How much of a HP jump does this offer based on a stock engine?
I understand the "scavenging effect" is what the 2:1 offers, giving some increase torque at lower RPM's but Duals that combine do the same thing plus get your better performance on the highway (@higer RPM's). Whats the draw? Has anyone here dynoed their rides? 2k seems like a lot to spend on exhaust without knowing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts