Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the bike 2 years ago. It came with the D&D Fat Cat and Sert already on it. Not knowing much about proper tuning on bikes I thought the installing dealer would have done a proper tune to it. Damn thing always seemed like it ran hot. Hot enough to discolor the rear heat shield. I've read a lot of post over the last two years about power numbers and everything else I could lay my eyes on. Dropped it off at the dealer and asked them to see what they can do to it. Sheets are posted below. Hopefully this will help with the heat problem. Hopefully some of our resident experts will chime in and give more feedback on what they see on these sheets.
Thanks

Base run 82hp and 104 tq

Final tune call it 95hp and116 tq for the sake of slightly rounding up

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like they woke it up a little. That should make it more fun to ride. Look forward to getting together for some rides so you can try out all that extra power

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
He actually made the a/f ratio leaner at wide open throttle and that is likely your primary reason for the gains. Another case of more is NOT always better, overly rich fuel mixture will slow the combustion process down and lose power. I know I'm repeating myself but, your only looking at a wide open throttle pull dyno sheet. How the bike is tuned for the normal day to day riding is what will make or break the tune and put a smile on your face. WOT sheets are for selling parts.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
He actually made the a/f ratio leaner at wide open throttle and that is likely your primary reason for the gains. Another case of more is NOT always better, overly rich fuel mixture will slow the combustion process down and lose power. I know I'm repeating myself but, your only looking at a wide open throttle pull dyno sheet. How the bike is tuned for the normal day to day riding is what will make or break the tune and put a smile on your face. WOT sheets are for selling parts.
Still. Stage 1 103s dont make 116 TQ, even with a 2-1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts