Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last three years, I set a goal to log a single 40,000-mile year. This was nothing more than a fun challenge with no consequences if the goal wasn’t met. Miles are just a byproduct of fun, right?

In 2020 and 2021, I fell short with ~33,000 miles a piece. It took everything I had with a full-time job and living in a state with crumby winters to accomplish that. Coming into 2022, I changed my strategy a little bit. More Iron Butt rides, more riding before work (3rd shifter), and some more extended weekend trips. Today I’m happy to report that I hit the 40k mark! 2022 by far has been the best year we ever had regardless of miles. Fantastic routes, sites, food, and some of the best friends anyone could ask for; it was an awesome package deal.

Attached are some of our favorite places visited in 2022. Some are well known spots and others are out in the middle of nowhere. I’ve got a couple more IBA rides left this year plus whatever weekend cruising the weather will allow. I’ll try to sneak in 45k and already working up the plans to hit 50k in 2023. I may have found the secret formula :D Everyone enjoy the holidays and be safe!
Motor vehicle Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument Automotive tire

Glasses Water Mountain Smile Vision care

Water Sky Girder bridge Horizon Truss bridge

Water Cloud Sky Glasses Smile

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Water

Automotive lighting Font Gadget Gas Beauty

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Flag Wall Public space Flag of the united states Door

Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape Larch

Cloud Sky Billboard Font Landscape

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
As always, amazing photos and milestone.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
All I can say is wow! Awesome pics and places to go , congrats , that's some goal , I would love to do the same but freaking work gets in the way lol.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Awesome accomplishment, especially while still working!
Thanks! We have an odd schedule that leans in our favor. Monday through Wednesday, and every other Thursday, all 12 hour days. So 3 and 4 day weekends every weekend. Plenty of time for some excursions without using PTO, which we also have a lot of from being with the same company for a while.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Do it while you can. Enjoy the ride and the miles are easy.

The ARK was an 1,100 mile round trip for Payton in the sidecar. Her and I made the trip alone.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Congrats!! What an achievement!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Now that my friend is impressive. Those are some great pictures. Wish I knew where they all are from. What do you use for a guide on where to go and what to see? We just kind of google around to find what the sights are but sometimes don't really know where to go and what to see. Got any tips for the rest of us?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts