Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding a sport bike for years, but now feel it everywhere.
Looking to buy a 2015 and up Road Glide. Cash is tight, so more 2015, 2016.
wife's condition is abs, GPS and alarm system. Mine are apes, exhaust, air etc.
Located In Killeen,by Fort Hood.

Any mid ranged bikes out here

Any dealers still have a 2015 or 2016 leftover

Any help to make this dream happen would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
RedEye

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Cycle Trader and EBay have a lot of listings, call around to different dealers, also join the various Harley/ Road Glide/ Bagger groups on Facebook. Deals are always coming up, be a little patient something will come soon, you picked the best time of the year to start looking for a bike IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thank you for your service.
Heading into winter there should be plenty of bargains to be found. Motorcycles don't sell well in many parts of the country this time of year. As others have said, take your time. Look for clean low miles, and don't pay extra for other peoples customization. For that matter, be wary of anything with engine modifications.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota and thank you for your service. Sounds to me like you want a Road Glide Special or Ultra. Cycle trader set to a nation wide search will give you plenty to look at. Lots of dealers will ship for $300 to $500. So if it's far and not riding weather you can fly there, test drive, ship it. You may find a deal on a new one if you look hard and are willing to travel. I found a new 15 RGS last winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome from a former 1st Cav guy. You'll find great advice hear, and you're going to love the Shark.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for your service, as some have said above look around, I got a way better deal buy going to a Indian dealer and bought my Road glide there, I paid 3k less buy going through them on a newer, less miles, and more mods been done.

Good luck and don't forget have fun on the test rides! ;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
congrats on making it to retirement. now you get to start having fun...

be aware that gps and alarm can be added if the bike you are looking at doesn't have that. abs, not so much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for your service and congratulations on your retirement.

Chuck's Harley-Davidson in Bloomington Illinois has a leftover 16 RGU.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been riding a sport bike for years, but now feel it everywhere.
Looking to buy a 2015 and up Road Glide. Cash is tight, so more 2015, 2016.

Any mid ranged bikes out here

Any dealers still have a 2015 or 2016 leftover

Any help to make this dream happen would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
RedEye
Welcome to the tank.

A used Road Glide is a little more difficult to find than a batwing, so be patient. I recommend you take a ride down to Dream Machines in Round Rock. They built their business on re-selling repossessed bikes, but have since added Indian Motorcycle to their line. If they don't have what you want, check out their Dallas/Fort Worth location (which is the larger of the two stores). Good luck in the search and keep East Texas in mind when you do get wheels - great riding up here too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was just in Ft hood last week visited the Harley Store there and it seemed they had more used bikes than new bikes. You might check there but you will get a better deal from a private individual sale.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Welcome home, thank you for your service and welcome from Mass! Figure out how much you have to spend, ask a lot of questions.

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Thanks for your service.
Shop around there are many used bike on the market. If have the time and finances or cash on hand best to buy from a seller directly. That way you can observe and evaluate how the bike been kept.
Good luck welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I'm selling my 2013 Road Glide CVO, has what you are looking for and more. 7400 miles. its listed in the bikes for sale part of forum, maybe that will work.

Its fun to go shopping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts