Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the bike last nite from the dealer. Had the first service done and had them do a stage one. V-H pro pipe 2 into 1, sc breather and se race tuner. Rode it home(about 20 mi).really liked the lowend power. Got home and installed new wind vest 13 shield The wife and I took it out for a ride. I've always been a big fan of the 2 into 1 pipes and I wasn't disappointed with this one. Love the lowend power. Get it up around 50 mph I didn't hardly notice the heat. When we was on the county rd at around 35-40 mph I could feel the pipes but nothing like before. Louder going thru the gears but wife said had a nice sound while crusing. If I remember the hp is 77 and torque is 88ft. Now the windshield. First bike I've ever had that had a windshield. I'm 5'10 so I got the 13in smoke. Looks good and works well for both of us. I can see over and not have to sit so ridged. ya know kinda slouch a little. The only complaint on the shield is my factory mirrors hit when I turn hard in the driveway. But all in all I'm very pleased. Atleast it now sounds like a Harley. Oh yea after the tune the wife said it didn't vibrate as much:(

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Just picked up the bike last nite from the dealer. Had the first service done and had them do a stage one. V-H pro pipe 2 into 1, sc breather and se race tuner. Rode it home(about 20 mi).really liked the lowend power. Got home and installed new wind vest 13 shield The wife and I took it out for a ride. I've always been a big fan of the 2 into 1 pipes and I wasn't disappointed with this one. Love the lowend power. Get it up around 50 mph I didn't hardly notice the heat. When we was on the county rd at around 35-40 mph I could feel the pipes but nothing like before. Louder going thru the gears but wife said had a nice sound while crusing. If I remember the hp is 77 and torque is 88ft. Now the windshield. First bike I've ever had that had a windshield. I'm 5'10 so I got the 13in smoke. Looks good and works well for both of us. I can see over and not have to sit so ridged. ya know kinda slouch a little. The only complaint on the shield is my factory mirrors hit when I turn hard in the driveway. But all in all I'm very pleased. Atleast it now sounds like a Harley. Oh yea after the tune the wife said it didn't vibrate as much:(
Clad you're pleased neverdone... and speaking of never done (cool nickname :cool:), you might just roll the bars back a bit. That's what I did to make sure mine cleared a larger shield like a Windvest.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Great choice on a pipe. I have the same one for about 3 years now. Chrome is perfect, sound is great and performance is awesome. You won't be dissapointed. As far as the mirrors hitting 4getno1 has the right idea...or...you can put smaller aftermarket mirrors on :D They look better.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Also you can try leaving the bars in place and rotating the mirror stems toward you, then rea-im your mirrors. You don't have a lot of range, but it may be enough. Rolling the bars back is also a good option, just more difficult and could put your wrists in a better or worse angle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts